San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Please welcome the newest member of our little homestead :) almost 6 months old holstein heifer.... Yaaay! On our way to having fresh milk (someday)

Is she past needing a bucket?  I love cow faced.....

deb

Yes :) a huge plus. All five of our previous calves were under a week when we bought them and were bucket fed milk replacement twice a day. Hard in time and cost of milk. Our intention was to buy a baby this time too (cheaper up front). But we got a good deal on this started girl. I love her already.

Happy to officially announce....

Our next MEETUP will be held in three weeks on Sunday, March 2nd from 12noon till dark? At our little homestead in Valley Center. (Please pm me for address as this is a public forum).

Potluck lunch :) I will provide a table with cups/plates/utensils, etc. And lots of lemonade. Please bring enough for your family and a bit more

You are welcome to bring your chickens, arts, crafts, other wares to sell or trade. Bring money, there's always lots of cool stuff. My daughter will have a girl Scout cookie booth :)

Please bring your lawn chairs, pop ups, and other tail gating accessories:) I have a few picnic tables and seating for about 20. P.s. If you left your chairs at my house last year, I saved them for you!

I'd like to have a raffle too please pm me with prize donations!

Very kid friendly, have a big playground and lots of room to play ;) bring your bikes!

Can't wait to meet new faces and see old friends :)

I'm planning on attending the Valley Center meet up. I would really like to rehome my 2 roosters: a RIR that crows "OMG" and a BCM "Walter" who is on the ornery side until he learns who the boss is. If someone is interested please PM me. I need to make room for any olive eggers I might find at the meet.

Back
Top Bottom