San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

That may be the greatest chicken name ever. I'm dying!
lau.gif
What cute girls.

Nikkipar, Silkies are something I don't have. I think a lot of people do, so hopefully you won't have to hunt too far to find them.

Well, I think I am going to hang onto them but hey you could get some "Welsummers" from the same lady I did! She had a bunch when I went on Sunday and she was keeping them in a crowded, muddy pen so they could definitely use an upgrade in accomodations.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/grd/2954586676.html

There is her ad. I know the pics are Welsummers but they are stock photos not actual pictures of her birds.

I went to the same place for Welsummers. I ended up with 12 Brown Leghorns so don't feel bad. Now I just need to find a rooster. As I was driving away I kept wondering why they had such large combs and why they were so "active". The white spots on the side of their head looked familiar and then I remembered that Phage's project birds that are part leghorn had the same white spots. Well at least the white eggs look pretty with all the other eating eggs.

That's too funny! I had read about both breeds and I knew one had white ear lobes but when I got there I was so overwhelmed with trying to pick 2 birds and she was calling them Welsummers so I just figured Wellies must be the ones with white ear lobes. I was also gawking about how big their comb was. When I got home I was looking at the body shape and thinking about how spry they were and then that night I was laying in bed and it just hit me! Leghorns! Oh well. They are turning out to be pretty fun. :)

I went to the same place for Welsummers. I ended up with 12 Brown Leghorns so don't feel bad. Now I just need to find a rooster. As I was driving away I kept wondering why they had such large combs and why they were so "active". The white spots on the side of their head looked familiar and then I remembered that Phage's project birds that are part leghorn had the same white spots. Well at least the white eggs look pretty with all the other eating eggs.

Hey guys I need a bit of help!

I am doing invoices for the very last order with no shipping and I wrote down an order for "MA" but not the name, I don't find any emails that match and I have been back and forth through this thread looking. If you know who it is or if it's you please PM me! They ordered 1 Soy Free layer Pellet and 1 Scratch.

Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom