San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Sorry to be a downer amidst all the cute stuff, but one of my Easter Eggers died today. She was in the nest box when I went out to give everybody watermelon in the early afternoon, but when I went out again at 5:30 she was on the coop floor. I can't believe how choked up I get with these chickens, but sheesh - I cried buckets. I buried her on the hillside with some flowers and thanked her for all her hard work.

Rest in peace, Caramel... I'll really miss you.

:hit

I'm so sorry I know how hard it is!

dfdesigns, I'm so so sorry.
hugs.gif

Sorry to be a downer amidst all the cute stuff, but one of my Easter Eggers died today. She was in the nest box when I went out to give everybody watermelon in the early afternoon, but when I went out again at 5:30 she was on the coop floor. I can't believe how choked up I get with these chickens, but sheesh - I cried buckets. I buried her on the hillside with some flowers and thanked her for all her hard work.

hit.gif

Awww....
hugs.gif
I lost two wellies.... too.

deb

hit.gif
PMed you

Since I've been on last my Lucy hatched out 6 chick. Today my Steph hatched the first of her eggs. Yesterday, we added a dove to our flock. It was at a friend's complex with a hurt wing. We are going to rehabilitate it and hopefully let it go soon. Still have the D'Anvers that need homes. My hubby made a post on Craig's List. Getting overly bird crazy here ;p

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/grd/3128592251.html

:hit

Dana, I'm so sorry. Was it the heat?

Back
Top Bottom