San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Yes these are ground squirrels Glenn :( and totally joking about eating them in any form. I actually saw them today carting off my zucchini plants!!! Ugh. We plowed and planted about a quarter of an acre.... lots of vegetables sprouted and now they are disappearing daily. One of the neighbors suggested those fogger things for the gophers but the point is to not use chemicals (my thoughts anyway).I am a horrible shot so the gun might not work for me...and I have four small children to worry about...

We dug in a perimeter fence but its doing us no good. Will need to research further.... I'm really bummed!

Yes these are ground squirrels Glenn
sad.png
and totally joking about eating them in any form. I actually saw them today carting off my zucchini plants!!! Ugh. We plowed and planted about a quarter of an acre.... lots of vegetables sprouted and now they are disappearing daily. One of the neighbors suggested those fogger things for the gophers but the point is to not use chemicals (my thoughts anyway).I am a horrible shot so the gun might not work for me...and I have four small children to worry about...

We dug in a perimeter fence but its doing us no good. Will need to research further.... I'm really bummed!

I had a problem for a while w/ ground squirrels coming into my yard and stealing chicken feed. I tend to scare them away with an air soft gun. Squirrels don't die, but they get a nice shot in the butt from a high speed hard plastic pellet. They run away and I'm happy. :)

Yes these are ground squirrels Glenn
sad.png
and totally joking about eating them in any form. I actually saw them today carting off my zucchini plants!!! Ugh. We plowed and planted about a quarter of an acre.... lots of vegetables sprouted and now they are disappearing daily. One of the neighbors suggested those fogger things for the gophers but the point is to not use chemicals (my thoughts anyway).I am a horrible shot so the gun might not work for me...and I have four small children to worry about...

The folks I know that live in the Appalachians do eat squirrel, usually fried, but I think they are eating tree squirrels.
wink.png

Check out boarding stables in your area. When I was 14 I worked at Palos Verdes stables as a pooper scooper and groomer then slowly graduated up to paid trail guide. Did that for all my years in high school then taught summer camp. Needless to say my horse love is still active and I ended up breeding and raising my own baby he's 15 now a 1/2 Andalusian 1/2 Appaloosa by Bravio. My daughter was born 2 months after he was this is them a couple years ago

Our worlds collide once again... I took my first lessons at PV Stables, and then we kept my first horse at Rolling Hills Stables for seven years. Shows at Ernie Howlett, Empty Saddle Club, Portuguese Bend, etc. Good times! This was my first love, Joe. He was an exceptionally good sport! (That picture was taken at Chandler Park if you remember that place... right behind RHE City Hall.)

There is ALWAYS poop to be scooped here! Always.

We have a Squirrelanator, too - it works very well. (Side note - they LOVE scratch from Modesto Milling.) I can't use the drowning tray either, so we shoot them with a .22. Buggers are EVERYWHERE this year, and stole a bunch of my eggs on Wednesday.

Our worlds collide once again... I took my first lessons at PV Stables, and then we kept my first horse at Rolling Hills Stables for seven years. Shows at Ernie Howlett, Empty Saddle Club, Portuguese Bend, etc. Good times! This was my first love, Joe. He was an exceptionally good sport! (That picture was taken at Chandler Park if you remember that place... right behind RHE City Hall.)

There is ALWAYS poop to be scooped here! Always.
WOW!! I totally remember that place! I still keep in touch with Casey...her mom was the manager at PVS until late 80's I think. When Blaze was about 4 or 5 I boarded him at RH estates and used to ride to Dapplegray arena...such a small world!!

We have a Squirrelanator, too - it works very well. (Side note - they LOVE scratch from Modesto Milling.) I can't use the drowning tray either, so we shoot them with a .22. Buggers are EVERYWHERE this year, and stole a bunch of my eggs on Wednesday.
I found 2 EE eggs and 2 pekin eggs the squirrels tried to steal, hiding them under the dog house...I dug those babies out and flushed the squirrels out for the doggies!!

Our worlds collide once again... I took my first lessons at PV Stables, and then we kept my first horse at Rolling Hills Stables for seven years. Shows at Ernie Howlett, Empty Saddle Club, Portuguese Bend, etc. Good times! This was my first love, Joe. He was an exceptionally good sport! (That picture was taken at Chandler Park if you remember that place... right behind RHE City Hall.) There is ALWAYS poop to be scooped here! Always.
That is the cutest picture ever. I may very well send Luke up to your place to scoop some poop.

Back
Top Bottom