San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

thank you everyone for your kind words, we got her when my daughter was 10 years old, after 9 years she was really a part us.
only other animal lovers like you all can really understand that they are more to us than just a dog....they are family

Last edited:
Brand new fuzzy buns... six Black Ameraucanas, two Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas and four Silver Campines.
love.gif

There are actually seven blacks from Dak - Kristin and I missed one when I picked up chicks yesterday. Yes, I'm very happy with the hatch rate, and her babies are adorable.

My girls have worms!!!!!

What's the cheapest, easiest way to murder those little life stealers? I looked at the droppings. Looks like tapeworm.

Thanks!
8oz wazine for about 8 dollars

Turkey, Chicken and Swine Wormer
FDA Approved NADA 10-005
For use in drinking water for the removal of large roundworms (Ascaridia spp.) from turkeys, chickens and large roundworms (Ascaris suum) and nodular worms (Oesophagostomum spp.) from swine.
ACTIVE DRUG INGREDIENT: Each 100 mL contains 17 grams Piperazine Base (present as sulfate).
INERT INGREDIENTS: Water, color, flavoring, preservatives and stabilizer.
CAUTION: Keep Out Of Reach Of Children. For Animal Use Only. Do not give to sick, feverish, underweight or physically weak birds or animals. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
DIRECTIONS
One pint (16 fluid ounces) of provides 1 treatment for:

800 turkeys up to 12 weeks of age

64 25-lb. (11.4 kg) pigs
400 turkeys over 12 weeks of age

32 50-lb. (22.7 kg) pigs
1600 chickens 4-6 weeks of age

16 100-lb. (45.5 kg) pigs
800 over 6 weeks of age

8 200-lb. (90.9 kg) pigs
For best results, remove water in the evening (except during hot weather). Then, early the next morning, begin water medicated with Wazine-17. Provide medicated water only, distributed in waterers sufficient in number so that all birds or animals have access to water. The medicated water should be consumed in 1 day or less. Worming every 30 days is necessary to break the large roundworm life cycle.
TURKEYS - Under 12 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces (60 ml) of Wazine-17 in 2 U.S. gallons (7.6 liters) of drinking water.
Over 12 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 4 fluid ounces (120 ml) of Wazine-17 in 4 U.S. gallons (15 liters) of drinking water.
Worm turkeys at 4-6 weeks of age and thereafter at 30 days, or as needed.
CHICKENS - 4 to 6 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 1 fluid ounce (30 ml) of Wazine-17 in 1 U.S. gallon (3.8 liters) of drinking water.
Over 6 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces (60 ml) of Wazine-17 in 2 U.S. gallons (7.6 liters) of drinking water.
Treat broilers at 4 weeks of age and thereafter at 30 days, or as needed. Treat replacement pullets at 8, 12, and 16 weeks of age.

Back
Top Bottom