San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Good afternoon! I haven't been around in a loooong time, so hey! I'm looking for started pullets in the area as we have no way to raise chicks anymore. Open to breed, would prefer good layers/not broody. Thanks!!
Hi
I have some started pullets in the 6 to 10 week range. The breeds are Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Red, Buff Orpington, Welsummer and Speckled Sussex. I'm in Alpine but work downtown so either place is good for pickup.

I am in Santee as well right now. Check out Double S up in blossom valley as well. I got my last EEs from East county feed right on mission gorge near the underpass to woodside.

Call first its easier than doing a run by. Sometimes Double S has Silkeys too. But unfortunatly Sillkies dont come sexed. cute little buggers.

My first chickens I had off of Prospect near Prospect school.

deb

The lights were out and the chicks were not at home... Called earlier in the day and they said maybe theyd have some left but some were presold. By the time we got there their tub'o'chick was dark n lonely...

Oh well! Ended up with more than enough other chicks by the end of the day. Just won't have anything beyond shades of brown in the egg basket!

I am in Santee as well right now.  Check out Double S up in blossom valley as well.  I got my last EEs from East county feed right on mission gorge near the underpass to woodside.

Call first its easier than doing a run by.  Sometimes Double S has Silkeys too.  But unfortunatly Sillkies dont come sexed.  cute little buggers.

My first chickens I had off of Prospect near Prospect school. 

deb

The lights were out and the chicks were not at home... Called earlier in the day and they said maybe theyd have some left but some were presold.  By the time we got there their tub'o'chick was dark n lonely...

Oh well!  Ended up with more than enough other chicks by the end of the day.  Just won't have anything beyond shades of brown in the egg basket!

WFF2 has lots of very cool chicks available. She is in Alpine

New To this board. Have had chickens in San Diego for nearly 10 years now. Time to add to the flock. If anyone has fertile hatching eggs from Welsummer, Marans or other dark brown egg layer please let me know. Thanks all!!

Last edited:
New To this board. Have had chickens in San Diego for nearly 10 years now. Time to add to the flock. If anyone has fertile hatching eggs from Welsummer, Marans or other dark brown egg layer please let me know. Thanks all!!

Hi Bev... Gorgeous horse.. is he a warmblood?
welcome-byc.gif
from the high desert.

I had a flock of Wellies last. Coyotes got em. But am planning on having them agian when I move back home.

deb

Hi Bev...  Gorgeous horse..  is he a warmblood?    :welcome   from the high desert.

I had a flock of Wellies last.   Coyotes got em.  But am planning on having them agian when I move back home. 

deb

Thank you! He is. Irish Sport Horse eventer. Lovely boy.

I've only had Marans as far as dark brown layers, but would be interested in Welsummers or Bielefelder if I could find them. Currently have 9 girls, so it's time to top up the flock. I hope I find some dark eggs while she's still broody. Fingers crossed.

There are a few breeders on this list. I am sure they will chime in.

I wanted to do Combined driving with my girl. Heavy weight division.... LOL. My riding days are over... Yours has the look of eagles. I bet there isnt a jump he wont tackle.

deb
He's a laser, lock-on kinda guy. Just aim him in the general direction and he knows his job. I just hold on and enjoy the ride. And mine is also in the heavy weight division. They don't call him Grocery Boy for nothing. :eek:)

I also enjoyed being the counter weight for my friend when she was doing combined driving. It's a muddy job, but someone's gotta do it!

Back
Top Bottom