San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hi! Is there anyone in North County San Diego (I'm in Vista, but could drive to you) that can kill and process roosters? I would pay, of course. I thought I was tough enough to do it myself, but I'm starting to chicken out. :)
Thanks!

Let me know when you find one..... There was one on Craigslist that set up shop in Lakeside that came from riverside But I havent seen the ad in a couple of years.

There is a butcher shop i Ramona which still does processing start to finish with Cows pigs sheep and goats.... but I dont know if they do poultry.

I will be facing this question one day... Am I chicken vs. how do I get that roo into the canning jars.....
lau.gif

I think once the deed is done I can do the rest.... Scalding plucking inviscerating chilling then freezing in various portions. I do want to put up home canned chicken... Refrigeration requires electricity.... sadly mine is iffy on occasion.

deb

Let me know when you find one.....   There was one on Craigslist that set up shop  in Lakeside that came from riverside  But I havent seen the ad in a couple of years.

There is a butcher shop i Ramona which still does processing start to finish with Cows pigs sheep and goats....  but I dont know if they do poultry.

I will be facing this question one day...  Am I chicken vs. how do I get that roo into the canning jars..... :lau

I think once the deed is done I can do the rest.... Scalding plucking inviscerating chilling then freezing in various portions.    I do want to put up home canned chicken...  Refrigeration requires electricity.... sadly mine is iffy on occasion.

deb
hey guys. I have a friend in central san Diego who processes my birds for me. He and his parents process humanely by hand, and for a reasonable rate. Contact me if you want me to put you in touch. [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom