San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I have Queen Silvia chicks if anyone is interested. Hatched Friday.

Wow! Those are cool markings!
thumbsup.gif

Hello everyone. I live in chula vista and this morning one of my "hens" started crowing. I can't have roosters where I live and I am looking to rehome him.

Hi Binkydl!

I found a lady in Bonita that has hatching eggs. I got 5 eggs from her a month ago and all were good. Of all places, she's on Craigslist as Permaculture Farm or under a search for Hatching Eggs.

Hope this info helps. Good luck!

PBBackyard

Here's our cream legbars at 6+ weeks. I'm trying to integrate them into the flock... the others are being rather chicken-like about it. :)

At this point they look like teenagers having a bad hair day.

Hello!
Just wanted to drop a note to say hi. I am new to raising chickens and live in San Diego. I have already found this forum to be full of useful information and I look forward to participating in the community. I have started my backyard flock with Pumpkin (Buff Orpington), Judy (Australorp) and Rose (Barred Plymouth Rock). They are still living in the house now at 5 weeks but they will be moving out soon and they already enjoy supervised adventures outside in the sunshine. Here is a pic from when they were 3 and a half weeks old.

Steffen

Hello!
Just wanted to drop a note to say hi. I am new to raising chickens and live in San Diego. I have already found this forum to be full of useful information and I look forward to participating in the community. I have started my backyard flock with Pumpkin (Buff Orpington), Judy (Australorp) and Rose (Barred Plymouth Rock). They are still living in the house now at 5 weeks but they will be moving out soon and they already enjoy supervised adventures outside in the sunshine. Here is a pic from when they were 3 and a half weeks old.

Steffen

Awesome. Welcome to the addiction.

Back
Top Bottom