San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Quote:
Hi ! I use both Adobe and High Valley. I can fill you in on why. I have to finish up my chores outside...just came in to check my email and the swap page.
lol.png
One more thing to eat away at my time.
hide.gif
I'll PM you my number. OR you can come up for a visit. I have the ac on.

It is miserable!! I put electrolytes in the water for both the horses & chickens and wet down under all the trees for the birds.
I could not stop sweating this morning................not good when you're trying to get your business clothes on.............I finally gave up on makeup as I kept wiping it off!
Hope it cools down soon. I am planning on bringing the big water trough up and using it as my "red neck" pool!!

Dana - Did the girls settle in well?

Quote:

I'm sorry Tammy - that's so sad. I have never lost a chicken to heat but last year I lost my bunny so I understand how bad you feel.

Tammy - Do want YoYo back or do you want me to find him a good home?

Quote:
It hit 104 yesterday here after the rain, I lost my silkie hen to heat stroke
hit.gif
I found her unconcious covering her foster babies. I managed to revive her and she lived until last night when she had a siezure that took her away. I'm so sad. I feel horrible like I should not have kept her in the cage she was in, the roof did not provide enough cover to protect her from such overwhelming heat and humidity.
sad.png

Last edited:
hello everyone,
I had mentioned about getting together over here on the 24th.
we are going to go to norco,the pull is to strong,actually the family wants to go and i would too.
Hubby has never been to one and was excited to go meet all the other chicken junkies out there.

If we still want to get together id still love to host one,most weekends are good for us.

Im also thinking doing a soap making demo for those interested in that.

It was cool when cari showed us how to butcher id lover to pay it forward to the group.
Soap is quit easy to make once you get past the whole "im working with caustic material" thoughts.

so tell me what you think and if it is a go what dates would work for whoever is interested.

thanks
renee

I would love to learn to make soap! My Saturdays are kind of busy this month and next, with soccer, but if the time worked out, I might be able to swing it. Otherwise November, after the Serama show, I'm pretty free!

Laurel - they are all doing well, but are HOT! I just went out and apologized to everyone, horses and chickens. (Most of them just gave me a dirty look...)

KKH - I'm home, but beat. Okay if I call tomorrow? We're going to hit the pool and try not to melt!

I'd love to learn how to make soap! I wish I had some sort of marketable skill to pass on to everyone.

Quote:
It hit 104 yesterday here after the rain, I lost my silkie hen to heat stroke
hit.gif
I found her unconcious covering her foster babies. I managed to revive her and she lived until last night when she had a siezure that took her away. I'm so sad. I feel horrible like I should not have kept her in the cage she was in, the roof did not provide enough cover to protect her from such overwhelming heat and humidity.
sad.png

I guess it wouldn't be best for me to take him since I only have 1 hen and already have a roo, plus I will be moving.
sad.png
Maybe if I find my place soon and you still have him... I'd love to have him back but have nowhere to separate him if there is trouble between them or if they are too much for her. This is why I lost my hen yesterday. I had no where else to put her and she needed to be separated from the others with the babies...
hit.gif

When I move I plan to have much more space, I'm just too overrun right now.
Are you doing ok? I have been telling people to call you for chickens. Hope it's all working out.

Back
Top Bottom