San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

yahoo i get to come to see you guys sunday....ill have gumbii and sue in tow lol....

im bringing a serama hen that lays well just not part of my color projects so im letting her go....
she is B & W mottled and im asking 100 for her

also i have a hovabator 1620N for sale and already has forced air kit installed im asking 60 for it

and a hovabator genesis with forced air and turner im asking 100 for as well.

please pm me if interested both of the hovas have been used ONCE

So far I am bringing homemade salsas of different types to sell/trade. I've been canning away for the last couple days!
I'll bring some tortilla chips & my salsa for the potluck too.

Yay!!!!
celebrate.gif
Bill, Gumbii and Sue get to come!!

WooHoo: I have been working so much that I have not been on here for a while. Now trying to catch up and what do I find? A Meetup on Sunday and I do not even have to go to work....
wee.gif

So I am looking forward to see you all again after a nice summer. If anybody wants me to bring some extra protein for your poultry, I do have tons of mealworms available to trade (coffee, cheese....) or sell. Just send me an Email.

Last edited:
Ok sooooo... Food didn't come yesterday like I thought it would considering the shipped it Wednesday. I emailed them and also left a voice message. It's possible that it will come today, but we have to plan for the eventuality that it won't. So I guess we have a few options;

1. Hold the meetup anyway and have people come to my place for feed pickup.

2. Hold the meetup anyway and then have a "drop off/pick up" of sorts back at Lake Murray during the week or next weekend.

3. Reschedule the meet-up. Which I am not wanting to do since it seems we have so many people able to come.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it shows up today!
fl.gif

cari,
Its your call.
I will enjoy seeing everyone tomorrow but if it gets moved to next weekend I understand cause I prefer not having to drive to your place for the MM.

So Im hoping it comes today and all will go as planned .

Quote:

We do have some people planning the trip from LA and Orange County, I'm for keeping the meetup date. I'd be worried they might not get the news in time. Also I was told there were big events being held at Lake Murray the next 2 weekends and they may not be able to accomodate us during that time and parking will be filled up.
idunno.gif

Mary is coming from Mojave...a long way!! I say keep it the way it is. If we move it to another time we may not get the great turn out that it seems like were going to have.

ETA: Actually, I think she's already down in San Diego. She planned her trip around the meet up.

Last edited:
Ok, why don't we KEEP the meet-up as planned.
big_smile.png
And then for those that can't come to the house (I know it's FAR)... we could maybe meet-up at a different park or something just for an hour or two to get the feed to everyone. I can do it during the week early afternoons or the weekends... Maybe like Harry Griffth park or something where we had the very first meet-up?

Last edited:
Meet up details: http://sandiegochickens.webs.com/apps/calendar/

ATTENTION: MM ORDER PROBABLY WON'T BE IN.

I'll start a list of what folks are bringing and keep it updated if folks want to reply here or PM me.

Cari - Please let me know if anyone is interested in the following laying hens for sale; Delawares, Delaware Mixes, Easter Eggers, Meatbirds, Buff mixes... all available. 14 to 28 weeks old. Our chickens are free-ranged and fed a 100% organic diet from day one. I also have some cockerels available. Thanks! Also bringing jam.
Glenn - Coffee Beans
Renee - Goat Cheese, all my cheeses and milk will be in $4.00 portions.that is 1/2 gallon of milk,8oz chevre,6oz feta(cause it takes forever) i havent made the mozzarella yet but hope to soon.
Miriam - Chicks, Pullets
Dana - Plum Jam, fresh pomelos
HatchingFever-Barred olive egger chicks and seramas pullets and cockerels.
Pongo - Im bringing a serama hen that lays well just not part of my color projects so im letting her go....she is B & W mottled and im asking 100 for her
also i have a hovabator 1620N for sale and already has forced air kit installed im asking 60 for it and a hovabator genesis with forced air and turner im asking 100 for as well.
please pm me if interested both of the hovas have been used ONCE.
Tammy - So far I am bringing homemade salsas of different types to sell/trade. I've been canning away for the last couple days! I'll bring some tortilla chips & my salsa for the potluck too.
Anke -If anybody wants me to bring some extra protein for your poultry, I do have tons of mealworms available to trade (coffee, cheese....) or sell. Just send me an Email. (Crazy Huhn)

Let me know if anyone has anything to add! ~Allison

Back
Top Bottom