San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Quote:
That was quite a drive! Thanks for coming down and sharing your beautiful birds. I don't have Seramas, but I think it could be dangerous!!

Quote:

LOL! It was nice chatting gumbii...

I'm glad we had so many people nice people come!
big_smile.png

Hi all, was there mention of a next meeting soon? And Cari, are we picking up feed from your place? I'm just checking since there was mention of a different pickup at one point. Thanks
lol.png
ITS HOT TODAY!!! whew!

GoodLuckCharlie! :

Hi all, was there mention of a next meeting soon? And Cari, are we picking up feed from your place? I'm just checking since there was mention of a different pickup at one point. Thanks
lol.png
ITS HOT TODAY!!! whew!

I think usually we slow down the meet-ups in the winter as there usually isn't as much interest. But I'm always game for another one.
big_smile.png

Feed should be here between 2 and 5 pm so anyone that wants to come get it from here just let me know.

Thanks!

FEED IS HERE!!! Finally! YAY!!!
wee.gif
clap.gif

Anyone who wants to is welcome to pick it up at my house from now until about 5:30, anytime tomorrow before 2 pm, or any time Friday.

Otherwise we can arrange a group pick-up this weekend.

Just let me know, thanks!

Last edited:
this weekend works great for me.
thank you so much cari.
the chevre finished today.it is so creamy,perfect for spreading.
the feta is aging until the last minute then ill pop it in the oil.it takes a week to age in the fridge,

Quote:

Hi Everyone!

I am still bumming that I missed the meet-up, will be there next time.
Hey guys, I have a favor to ask, my mountain buddy Lloyd needs a couple pheasant
hens, any ideas who might have 2 or 3 for sale? He has a lonely Mr. Pheasant who
needs company. (They will live at the Palomar Observatory, and be spoiled
by the astronomers!)
I do have coffee beans just roasted and will be out and about off the Mountain
if anyone is in dire straits, give me a holler.

Be Well,
Glenn
BTW that grapefruit marmalade?....Fantastic!!! Gonna need more!!

Glenn- Glad you like the marmalade! I don't have any left but could make a special order for you. Also have homemade salsas and pickled veggies.

What kind of pheasants are you looking for? I have 3 juvenile 2011 hatch Lady Amherst Pheasants left. I'm not sure of the sex but if his is a ruffed pheasant (amherst or golden) it would probably be happy for the friends either way. I keep 3 pairs together without trouble.
My guess is these are two female and one male but it's hard to tell at their age for sure. Though I'm usually pretty good at picking them out, I'm not always right... They come from great lines too, 50% Chengdu Zoo stock/50% San Diego Zoo stock.

Here is a pic of their dad.

52356_lamh1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom