San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Quote:
If you hatch enough
smile.png
and both parents carry lavender. Then I in 4 should be Lav.
BUT I had a huge hatch (28 ish??) chIcks. Only 2 or maybe 3 were split in the whole lot.
How many am hens/ roos do you have?

Last edited:
I have four: 2 black pullets, a black cockerel and a blue cockerel. I don't think the black roo is letting Mr. Blue anywhere near the ladies, so...

He is four months old also but I forgot to add that he is frizzled. I sure would to find anew home for this boy. The only other buff laced polish bantam that I have is frizzled also so I can not breed them.

Ah yes, now I remember this cutie! I would have never know he was part Polish though and you think I would since my grandmother was a Zaworski.
tongue.png
lol.png

Why can't you breed frizzle to frizzle? Just curious...I'm not getting any ideas!

frizzle over frizzle makes frazzle or brittle feathers which break off very easily. The buff laced polish are both 100% Polish. Frizzle is a gene similar to a feather color gene. It does not mean a breed. Any breed can carry the frizzle gene. It is becoming more common because people are introducing it to their flock hence it is more known.

So who can keep one or the other or both of these pretty little birds. I have it marked on my calendar with a birthdate May 6. I bought then as day old chicks but am now only focused on blue NN EEs who lay blue eggs. Remember Nava's blue NNs...................I have my order in for a spring delivery.

Back
Top Bottom