San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Quote:
NPIP isn't required in CA & I have waaaay too many birds to test annually. Virginia used to be the only state that required documentation (for shipping) but earlier this year they dropped that requirement. The majority of states do the testing for "free". However, CA does not & there is an annual renewal. It gets expensive if you have a large flock. People who are NPIP can only buy birds & eggs from NPIP certified breeders if they don't want their flock compromised. They can lose their certification if someone involved in the government of their state found out. However, they can "ship" to anyone (with or without NPIP). They just have to fill out the necessary paperwork required by their state and attach it to the ship[ping container.

Quote:
Wow ..... I thought you had to be NPIP in order to ship out of state as a breeder. Or for onsies and twosies you had to have a health certificate. this is very interesting news to me. What about coming into the state.

pop.gif
caf.gif

deb

Quote:
No health cert required for birds. Either coming into CA or leaving. VA was the only hold out until this year & now they don't require anything. If you've ever noticed on the For Sale Ads here on BYC most people say they can ship to anywhere "but" VA. Now it's ok.....

And edit our name (PM moderator) to "San Diego Cackle Thread"
lol.png

That's a fantastic name!!! I love it!

On a completely unrelated note, I am contemplating buying a mini Cheviot sheep.... I am trying to resist.... It's like a pocket sheep. If I put it in my garage, I wonder how long before my family will notice it. LOL

(When I got the rabbits it took them 2 weeks to notice.)

I PMd the moderators to see if we can go back to being able to edit or at least change the title.
Although the new thread is a good idea for us, the only thing that troubles me about it is we have so much going on here that I think it attracts the newbies - because they know we aren't a slow thread and they will actually come to meet & know people in the area. We even attract out side of SD because there isn't much going on in other threads. Here we are easy to find and look very busy according to # of posts & pages. Plus lots of good info here too.
There are already other San Diego threads that we could go to too, but no one does and they don't really get any new posts or people.

Last edited:
Because this thread title cannot be edited any longer. We were thinking it might be time for something fresh that doesn't have "Meet Up" in the title as we seem to start a fresh thread for each new meet up now. Change is good.
I am leaning towards a new thread as well
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom