San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

nows I am thinking about pocket sheep
ya.gif
hmmm...

They have "toy" sized mini cheviot sheep. The one I am thinking of getting is mini, not toy and is 24 inches tall

Ok our title is changed and I got some new info.
Now we have the option to make an "article" which is technically just a thread that can continue to be updated. It also allows for multiple people to edit so anyone planning the meetup will be able to edit info. It will keep a log of changes and if there are mistakes it can be restored to before those changes were made or edited to fix. It will never have a time limit and we won't have to post a new thread for every meetup.
I heard all posts have a time limit for editing now of 15 days for regular members and i think 90 days for GFMs so this can be a solution to our problem (if it's not too hard to figure out!)
We can all still comment on it also, just like a thread, so we can discuss what we are bringing etc. for all to see. We can still chat here and post links to the article for updates.
If you guys want me to do it - I can look into it tomorrow and work on it.

Ok our title is changed and I got some new info.
Now we have the option to make an "article" which is technically just a thread that can continue to be updated. It also allows for multiple people to edit so anyone planning the meetup will be able to edit info. It will keep a log of changes and if there are mistakes it can be restored to before those changes were made or edited to fix. It will never have a time limit and we won't have to post a new thread for every meetup.
I heard all posts have a time limit for editing now of 15 days for regular members and i think 90 days for GFMs so this can be a solution to our problem (if it's not too hard to figure out!)
We can all still comment on it also, just like a thread, so we can discuss what we are bringing etc. for all to see. We can still chat here and post links to the article for updates.
If you guys want me to do it - I can look into it tomorrow and work on it.
Whatever you guys decide is fine by me...please just wait until after this meet up so as not to cause confusion on anyone's (okay, my) part. Thanks

Whatever you guys decide is fine by me...please just wait until after this meet up so as not to cause confusion on anyone's (okay, my) part. Thanks
As KKH has been doing all the meet up threads and keeping us informed (thank you
bow.gif
) maybe she would agree to be the lead on the meet up thread???

As KKH has been doing all the meet up threads and keeping us informed (thank you :bow  ) maybe she would agree to be the lead on the meet up thread???
Thanks Phage...I've been doing it by default. :p I gladly open it up to anyone else.

Does anyone who's coming to the meet up on time have any name tag stickers?
I have some left over, not sure I have enough.

A reminder to folks to bring boxes to transport birds home ....even if you have no intention of doing so. ;)

Bring a chair if you've got one since we never know where we'll end up having to set up. If you are selling items bring a table as well.

Just a few more days!!
za2.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/707787/details-for-the-next-san-diego-meet-up-sept-30-2012

lol the mispell was accidental from the mod - it's been fixed.
The "article" can still be led by KKH or whoever. It resolves the problem of updating info. The way we have it the new threads for each meetup - if not started by a GFM- won't be able to be edited in posts and title after 15 days.
We can at least "try" the article after this meetup and see if it works for us. I don't need to create it, I just offered to do the work. KKH is welcome to start that off if she wants as "leader" of our meetups. lol
It will be nice if anyone wants to arrange a meetup, that it can be edited by our group rather than just the person who started it too. Basically we can all together act as mods for our group's article as needed.

I don't know if I want to go to Lake Murray much anymore. Yesterday, someone dropped off 15 Pekins, Cayugas, and Swedish ducks (including a few cute crested ones) and I think a predator got one already. They are so terrified. I walked up to them and they scrambled into the water the best they could and for the entire 2.5 hours I was there, did not come within 30 feet of the shoreline. There are several females in that group, too.

That makes over 35 ducks dumped off there this year, so far. Usually, there is only about five or six dumped each year. It makes me so mad!

Wow, out of control. You should set up a hidden camera and see who does this. I bet all the pekins lately probably came from the same place.

Back
Top Bottom