September Hatch-A-Long

Chuck the clears if you've incubated them. DO NOT EAT.
sickbyc.gif

LOL, yeah figured as much

Chuck the clears if you've incubated them. DO NOT EAT.
sickbyc.gif

Just to make sure I understand correctly, it's safe to toss/eggtopsy clears after Day 14, right? I think I want to keep the Marans in unless they start to smell...I think they're also clears, but with the shell so dark I could be wrong.

Guess I need some test eggs and try to see where things are going awry.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, it's safe to toss/eggtopsy clears after Day 14, right? I think I want to keep the Marans in unless they start to smell...I think they're also clears, but with the shell so dark I could be wrong.

Guess I need some test eggs and try to see where things are going awry.

With the very dark eggs, I gave them a couple weeks and then I could tell which ones were still clear. If you are in doubt, it likely won't hurt to keep them in.

Yesterday was day 17 for my quail eggs and I only saw one egg moving so I started to get worried, but this morning about half of the eggs have hatched already. I think I set them in the evening so yesterday was day 16.5.

First off, congrats to the new babies :) Today is day 20, I was getting worried because I didn't hear chicks chirping in their eggs like my first hatch. Yes, I'm the one chirping and finding youtube videos of chicks chirping and placing my phone on the top of the incubator. Don't judge me! :) Anyways, got home from work this morning and was watching TV I heard a LOUD CHIRP from the living room, so I dashed to the laundry room and found one egg PIP and chirping away.... now I have 2 eggs PIP and I'm so excited! It could be day 21, I didn't count the day that I put them in the incubator I was confused about that so, looks like day 21 to me! Wish me luck!!

Back
Top Bottom