September Hatch-A-Long

What was your humidity like? In my first hatch, my humidity was too high and they grew too big to hatch... now I do dry incubating around 25 to 30% humidity and hatches have gone great!

I have read a lot about the dry hatch method. I am thinking I will try it next time I use the bator.....

Do you have any problems with the membrane drying out and chicks sticking to the egg? Of not being able to unpeel themselves?

Thanks

I wish I had found this thread 3 weeks ago! Today is hatch day and my first one started pipping yesterday and was out by 5:30 this morning, I have two more out now, 7 more eggs to go. They are buff, white and lavender orpingtons from hinkjc. Looks like all the hatched chicks are white, next to go is a lavender and the buff. I count 5 pipped eggs out of 7 so we'll see how the next few hours pan out.

Quote:
I do dry hatch also and you bump the humidity up on day 18 or when the first pip starts depending on how low/high your humidity was. My humidity is usually around 25-30 I'll bump it up to 65 on day 18.

I have read a lot about the dry hatch method. I am thinking I will try it next time I use the bator.....

Do you have any problems with the membrane drying out and chicks sticking to the egg? Of not being able to unpeel themselves?

Thanks

I am stilll working out humidity for my tiny Serama eggs but my peachicks and standard chickens just popped right out... I had a few that were malpositioned though and needed help out... I think humidity could have been a little lower still... We have had a very humid Summer here this year!

What was your humidity like? In my first hatch, my humidity was too high and they grew too big to hatch... now I do dry incubating around 25 to 30% humidity and hatches have gone great!
what should the humidity be when they're in lockdown? Maybe mine is too high? Also i just hand fed the chick with what I had yolk and pro-biotic, getting some vitamin today.
Thanks for the advice.

I have two wrong end pippers from last night... still looking good and I have 2 more external pips... in the air cell thank goodness! Last night I was feeling very confident about them and then this morning... not so much... I am feeling better now that I see some pips... when I cheep at them, they seem to get to work!!

Back
Top Bottom