September Hatch-A-Long

The second chick is out and I watched!!! And THREE more are pipped!!!!

Go, Chickies, GO!
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

So cool to watch all the effort and then, finally, a big shove and another chick hits the ground, err, well, not quite running yet.

Don't forget the fluffy baby pictures, s.v.p.!

I purchased a used incubator off of Craig's list last month. Fired it Up took me 3 days to get temp lowered to 99- 100 Collected eggs for 5 days 32 production red eggs pr hens and pr roo. then whole at bbq labor day weekend we met a fellow crazy chicken lady she gave us 6 eggs from her barnyard mixed flock we set all them on aug 31st. Last spring I had a homemade incubator with no luck hatching soon after we gave up we had a hen go broody she hatched 1 out of three eggs. We were given 2 chicks about the same age we kept them all together Then had a coon attack and it took all 3 babies. So we are very excited about this "clutch" of eggs! So far temp is holding perfectly. I'm dying to candle the eggs but I'm Guessing its still a little soon?

Last edited:
(= 4 chicksI have another broody sitting on 7 eggs. Oh yes, HennyPenny has got another 2 chicks ( =4 chicks) and the rest are still pipping! Hopefully all the pippers are going to hatch 'cause then it will be a 100% hatch rate!!!

I purchased a used incubator off of Craig's list last month. Fired it Up took me 3 days to get temp lowered to 99- 100 Collected eggs for 5 days 32 production red eggs pr hens and pr roo. then whole at bbq labor day weekend we met a fellow crazy chicken lady she gave us 6 eggs from her barnyard mixed flock we set all them on aug 31st. Last spring I had a homemade incubator with no luck hatching soon after we gave up we had a hen go broody she hatched 1 out of three eggs. We were given 2 chicks about the same age we kept them all together Then had a coon attack and it took all 3 babies. So we are very excited about this "clutch" of eggs! So far temp is holding perfectly. I'm dying to candle the eggs but I'm Guessing its still a little soon?
You should be able to see blood vessels in those eggs now, especially in the lighter colored eggs. It's difficult to candle dark eggs.

Red Hen~~
I'm with you. Set eggs yesterday! Praying for a good hatch and good feathering up before late fall!
Oh Great! I have company!
I was actually hoping to have a broody hen hatch and raise the chicks, I was expecting her to go broody anytime... but lost her to a coon a couple of weeks ago.
I was undecided what to do, and was thinking of waiting until spring, but spring is a long time to wait!
I went and picked up the eggs around noon time. I just set 9 Swedish Flower Hen eggs. I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom