September Hatch-A-Long

I'm in too!
I bought 10 eggs from a lady on Ebay, I asked her what breed they were (so that if I need to sell any I'm not keeping, I know what to advertise them as)
Her reply was,

'I HAVE OVER 300 CHICKENS of which I have 30 DIFFERENT BREEDS AND THEY VARY IN LARGE FOWL, BANTAM and all the colours, as well as 30 DIFFERENT COLOURS OF PEKIN'

I'M SO EXCITED! All the eggs are different colours, shapes and sizes and I have one blue egg.
They're in my incubator now and due on the 24th!

All my hens were killed recently whilst I was away, and my housemates forgot to shut the coop door.
They were all my babies and so so tame and affectionate. I didn't think I'd have the energy to do it all again, turns out I do, and thinking about it, it didn't take me long to convince myself :)

Good luck guys!
I hope you have better luck than last time (although its not really all about luck)

Day 19 on incubator eggs, around 9am got the first external pip!!!
celebrate.gif
I thought I had heard a peep early this morning but didn't want to get my hopes up... I have a feeling tomorrow and Sunday is going to (hopefully) be like popcorn around here!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

I'm on lockdown! Only 11 of 32 intact Icelandic eggs I started with made it this far. 5 of the 6 eggs from my black australorp are still going. I am a little disappointed with the success rate on the Icelandic eggs, but I think they had a rough time with the postal service. The best packaging can only make up for so much rough handling. On candling a few were really moving around so my hopes are high.

Day 19 on incubator eggs, around 9am got the first external pip!!!
celebrate.gif
I thought I had heard a peep early this morning but didn't want to get my hopes up... I have a feeling tomorrow and Sunday is going to (hopefully) be like popcorn around here!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Bet we can guess where you'll be this weekend! Hope you didn't have any plans other than being glued to the incubator.
wink.png

Pretty jazzed here as four of the TJ's eggs have veins! One of those even had an eye! (Day 6 here)

Pulled 6 TJ's eggs...one was a quitter about Day 2 and 5 were clear infertiles.

The other 2 dozen assorted breeds are doing well and just riding the Bator Bus to Hatchville.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom