September Hatch-A-Long

Pretty jazzed here as four of the TJ's eggs have veins!   One of those even had an eye!  (Day 6 here)

Pulled 6 TJ's eggs...one was a quitter about Day 2 and 5 were clear infertiles.

The other 2 dozen assorted breeds are doing well and just riding the Bator Bus to Hatchville.
What do you mean by TJs?

I just set what should be Orp/Cemani X eggs (8) so I just had to join the Hatch-A-Long!
After very rough shipping, with one broken egg and I hope not too many scramblers...I put them in the bator today and am hoping for the best!
I had a successful August hatch so I couldn't help but come right back. Darn chicken math!
This is my first 'shipped' egg attempt.. so I feel like I have to learn many things all over again.
I still haven't recovered from last months hatching! Darn chicken math!!
Will wish everyone else here a happy and healthy Fall hatch!

Has anyone tried hatching regular grocery store free range eggs, or are they too old, handled too rough or no rooster around them?

I know that people use Trader Joe eggs but I think those are labeled as fertile. I was just at the Trader Joe's closest to me and they had "free range" and "cage free" but none marked fertile.

Has anyone tried hatching regular grocery store free range eggs, or are they too old, handled too rough or no rooster around them?

I don't think they are fertile to begin with...the carton has to say fertilized eggs, and not all Trader Joe's carry those. To the best of my knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom