September Hatch-A-Long

Oh I think I got on everyone nerves talking about the eggs progression LOL! it is so addicting!
Since he is only one who made it and is lucky he wasn't in the incubator we've named him Lucky

It was because I had them in my homemade incubator, someone bumped the thermostat I think. So we are using one borrowed from a friend for the silkie eggs. I hope they both hatch. Our of 8 set only 2 are developing. I'll be happy if one hatches, Lucky needs a friend!
Oh yes, Lucky would love a friend!
Awesome
smile.png
mine are hatching as we speak, only got one out so far, rest rocking and pipping.
It's 10:15pm here and I need to go to sleep...but will probably get up in the early hours to check.
The one that has hatched I have named Max, I think we imprinted, he loves my hand and tries to climb on when I put it in! Here he is when he first came out. I left him in the 'bat or for a couple hours but moved him the the heat lamp because he was going crazy knocking the other eggs.

9 more eggs to go

Cute! What breed?

swedish flowering chicks were our morning suprise today. They hatched at 19 days
Cute! I have a chick that looks exactly like that!

My new batch of silkie eggs are being delivered today! Hopefully the 2 that are in the incubator hatch o Lucky has a friend. I will have a hatch in Oct as well now. I am setting 8 silkie eggs, 4 of a friends silkie mix eggs and 3 Speckled Sussex/ red sex link, 2 Speckled Sussex/ White leghorn and 2 speckled Sussex eggs. So hopefully we will have lots of babies next month!

He's definitely half Silkie, maybe a white or buff, and I think the cockerel was EITHER a Welsummer or a Cream Legbar.
The breeder gave me a huge list of pure breeder running around together, and only these two have that chipmunk pattern.
He's turned out to have a little chipmunk in him...actually I think HE Is a girl :)

There are 6 others SO FAR, they are a real mix of Orpingtons, Legbars, Welsummer, Silkie, many of the sussex', favorolles, Brahma,
French coppers, cuckoo Marans, speckled Sablepoot and black rock...I've been having fun this evening trying to examine traits. A couple have feathery legs. I think the one with the white spot is a cross cuckoo Marans, she also came out a legbar blue egg!

(Max, born first with chipmunk marking, that's also him in big close up haha)
Susie with white spot on her head
Douglas big black one, I think part black orp
Muesli orange one I think part favorolles
Brian white one part brahma part buff sussex (I think sex link boy)
Lucas small black one

Today is day three and I candled for the first time, out of 12 eggs I was able to see veins on at least 8 of them for sure, and maybes on the others!!! So excited!!! First hatch and I really want these babies!!!

Back
Top Bottom