September Hatch-A-Long

These are my latest to hatch. I was having difficulty loading pictures, but have figured out how to successfully upload them...at the library. Not enough signal at home to do it.
I'm really happy with them.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Silver Appleyard ducklings "Daffy and Daisy" - one with proper color pattern and one with throwback pattern to Mallard heritage. They are absolutely adorable the way they waggle their tails like puppies. But boy do they make a mess, and the keet as well.

Gwennie the lonely Guinea. Was only lucky enough to have one keet hatch. She/he is significantly quicker to mature and quicker moving than either the ducks or any chicks I've hatched. She's like a rubber ball that bounces off the walls of their brooder.

These last ones are my first "Grandchicks." They are a cross between my Golden Buff and Tetra Tint laying hens and my Partridge Silkie Rooster. They look like identical twins except one has a tiny black stripe on its head. It would be neat to find the sex-linked pattern carried through with these crosses, but I won't know until I can hatch out more and identify sex with growth. Definitely the silkie is there because they both have five toes. And they seem softer/fluffier than any of my other newborns, but that could be because "they're from my own hens."
love.gif

I am 24 hours into lock down. I'm doing a dry hatch and my temp is holding steady at 100 but I cannot get humidity above 55%

Four eggs went into lock down but only saw movement in two of them.

Hoping for one baby
fl.gif

I am 24 hours into lock down. I'm doing a dry hatch and my temp is holding steady at 100 but I cannot get humidity above 55%

Four eggs went into lock down but only saw movement in two of them.

Hoping for one baby
fl.gif

for my dry hatched I keep humidity 45-50% remember, the humidity will rise as they hatch. good luck!

I lost a baby this morning. Just didn't seem to pip, heard him the night before too, thought I'd be waking up to some little creature squeaking in the 'bator, but no
:( nothing. Slowly opened egg from air sack end, to find a baby with all veins shrivelled, a tiny pip in the membrane and a little sleeping chicken :(
I will bury him tomorrow.
Meanwhile! All my other eggs have hatched, giving me 8 beautiful little ones. Everyone's playing, pecking their crumb and then suddenly falling asleep.
I love it when they start falling asleep standing up. cracks me up.

Just cleaned out the incubator, dried it and now 6 more eggs have gone in! Bought them online 2 days ago and have been stored in a cool place till now.
This time it's all pure breeds, LEMON CUCKOO PEKIN BANTAM.

Maybe I could just do this to feed my addiction? As soon as one lot finish, start another? Haha.

I lost a baby this morning. Just didn't seem to pip, heard him the night before too, thought I'd be waking up to some little creature squeaking in the 'bator, but no
:( nothing. Slowly opened egg from air sack end, to find a baby with all veins shrivelled, a tiny pip in the membrane and a little sleeping chicken :(
I will bury him tomorrow.
Meanwhile! All my other eggs have hatched, giving me 8 beautiful little ones. Everyone's playing, pecking their crumb and then suddenly falling asleep.
I love it when they start falling asleep standing up. cracks me up.

Just cleaned out the incubator, dried it and now 6 more eggs have gone in! Bought them online 2 days ago and have been stored in a cool place till now.
This time it's all pure breeds, LEMON CUCKOO PEKIN BANTAM.

Maybe I could just do this to feed my addiction? As soon as one lot finish, start another? Haha.

Sorry to hear about the one that didn't make it. :hugs

Congrats on the 8 others. Enjoy them. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom