September Hatch-A-Long

Day 22 and what's left in the incubator are 3 TJ's eggs, 3 CCL's and 2 Wheaten Marans..... And one of the TJ's has a pip!
celebrate.gif
Lots of soft peepings in there, too, so I think we've just got a bunch of late hatchers. Last hatch I had a Welsummer hold out to Day 25.

And because you asked.....

Ethel !!!

"I am 1 day old!"

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Day 22 and what's left in the incubator are 3 TJ's eggs, 3 CCL's and 2 Wheaten Marans..... And one of the TJ's has a pip! :celebrate Lots of soft peepings in there, too, so I think we've just got a bunch of late hatchers. Last hatch I had a Welsummer hold out to Day 25. And because you asked..... Ethel !!! "I am 1 day old!" edited for spelling
Ethel is mighty cute and sure of herself.

Report on my two eggs due to be hatching now:
They are keeping me waiting.
#1, smaller egg. Internal pip as of last evening. I keep looking for an external pip, but nothing is happening, unless s/he is being sneaky and piping on the back side. :)
#2 larger egg. Last I candled it, it still had a little growing to do. If she hatches she will be late...
fl.gif

Awwwww Ethel is so cute!!!

Day 19 Final got the humidity up. I decided to take a nap and after I got up my husband said he seen one of the eggs moving. So I went running back to the incubator and nothing :( I know it's early but I just can't help myself I keep looking to see if anything is going on. I'm so excited!

Happy Hatching everyone and congrats on all the new chicks! :jumpy

Day 22 and so far nothing. I don't know that any of them are still alive. Only one egg for sure had movement at lock down, one I thought I saw movement and the other two nothing. Earlier in this thread I posted a picture of the egg where you could see the foot, that egg it looks like the foot had been in the same position for at least 12 hours before I put it in lock down.

I don't think any of them are going to hatch
hit.gif

Quote:
Can you try to do a last ditch water candle (if nobody has pipped!). Might give you an idea if there is any life in any of the eggs? JMO

Ranier, I'm sorry. My first attempt at hatching eggs was like that. After 23 days I took them and cracked them open. They were all perfectly formed. I don't know what went wrong. At the time I thought that it might have been that I accidentally got the eggs wet when trying to raise the humidity... But at this point that seems unlikely. I guess that's why the float test freaks me out a bit.

Currently I am heading into day 22.
One egg has pipped internally over 26 hours ago. Still no external pip.
The other one is a slow grower and has not filled the shell yet... It still appears to be alive and growing. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Ranier, I'm sorry. My first attempt at hatching eggs was like that. After 23 days I took them and cracked them open. They were all perfectly formed. I don't know what went wrong. At the time I thought that it might have been that I accidentally got the eggs wet when trying to raise the humidity... But at this point that seems unlikely. I guess that's why the float test freaks me out a bit.

Currently I am heading into day 22.
One egg has pipped internally over 26 hours ago. Still no external pip.
The other one is a slow grower and has not filled the shell yet... It still appears to be alive and growing. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I have eggs sitting on the counter waiting to go in bator. I look at it like a learning experience. I started with eight eggs, four of which came from a neighbor and had been in my fridge for a couple of days and from my own flock of pullets. The chances of them hatching was small to start with. I actually am kinda proud that four made it to day 17 still alive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom