Show off your Peas!

I'm not entirely sure. Most of the day she's rather in the dirt dug out or in the carrier just laying down. She hasn't been really moving as much this week she seems normal thought she does lay in the shade a lot. I hope there's nothing wrong with her. I don't know how she could be cold when we've been having a week of weather within high 70s low 80s. I will get more pics to show what she does, the only time I see her leave is when she's thirsty or hungry. Just so we are clear on the names to the bird, more white is Calypso more green blood is Thora.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure. Most of the day she's rather in the dirt dug out or in the carrier just laying down. She hasn't been really moving as much this week she seems normal thought she does lay in the shade a lot. I hope there's nothing wrong with her. I don't know how she could be cold when we've been having a week of weather within high 70s low 80s. I will get more pics to show what she does, the only time I see her leave is when she's thirsty or hungry.

Check her weight, compared to the other one. Also make sure she is eating. I don't want to worry you for no reason, there may not be anything wrong with her, but I don't like it when I see mine hunched up like that. I will check weight, offer a treat to make sure they have an appetite, and if they still seem off, I will worm w/ safeguard, and then add some vit./electrolytes to the water. Keep an eye on them and perhaps do a mild antibiotic in the water like duramycin for several days. I had a white hen who acted like that at the end of summer last year, seemed like I was medicating her every couple of weeks, but she made it and seems normal now. I really can't say for sure if there was actually anything wrong with her or not, but to me she just didn't seem right.

I'm not entirely sure. Most of the day she's rather in the dirt dug out or in the carrier just laying down. She hasn't been really moving as much this week she seems normal thought she does lay in the shade a lot. I hope there's nothing wrong with her. I don't know how she could be cold when we've been having a week of weather within high 70s low 80s. I will get more pics to show what she does, the only time I see her leave is when she's thirsty or hungry. Just so we are clear on the names to the bird, more white is Calypso more green blood is Thora.
Those are signs that she isn't well... add the way she's standing with her head tucked in, tail and wings down, fluffed feathers. Probably a good idea to start weighing her daily.

If she were mine I would weigh her, check for lice and mites and deworm her with Safeguard or Valbazen with an amount effective against capillary worms, which means 3-5 days in a row with Safeguard.

-Kathy

This is the first day she had her head tucked in. She seems fine in these photos that I just took. She seems to lay in the exact same spot.

Last edited:
Weigh her and check her poop, that tell more of the story and there is no harm in worming her. I sure would hate to see you lose her.

-Kathy

So I can't help but feel that you aren't going to listen to us again...
he.gif
Two of us have commented that she looks sick, but you're posting pictures and saying that she looks okay? A healthy pea doesn't sit in a dog crate all day, they walk around, sun and dust bathe, peck at food, etc. Maybe I'm being too pushy, and maybe she's fine, but I would feel *really* bad if you lost her and I hadn't commented on how sick *I* think she is.

So ask yourself this... What's the harm in weighing her, checking for mites/lice, looking at her poop, weighing her and worming her?

-Kathy

Last edited:
This is the first day she had her head tucked in. She seems fine in these photos that I just took. She seems to lay in the exact same spot.

Just curious, when was she wormed last? And just how bad is new Thor asserting dominance over her? I see the crest is still missing. None of mine will stay in a crate like that even though I have a large dog house in the pen w/ my yearlings, they walk in and then walk back out a couple minutes later. It worries me that she stays in there because she is not feeling well and it feels safe or she is hiding from new Thor and the crate gives her some protection.

Last edited:
Here are my boring scale pictures.

June 2012 Orange

June 2013 Purple

July or later 2013 xxP

October 2013 LR Pink

2013 July or later Pink

-Kathy

LOL hope he don't like the ride cause you will never get him to stop that if he does, my patch loves to jump up on the tractor and the roll bar when it is running around with his momma(me) he looks like a bobble head trying to hang on.
LOL!!! I would be shocked if Amun jumped onto my tractor. He won't come within three feet of me normally. Yours is adorable!

Back
Top Bottom