Spring Granny Square Swap

IDK why but it took me hours (literally, I'm embarrassed to say) to get this new thread done and up! Now I am so worried that it won't make sense to anyone.
hide.gif

I hope a lot of you are not too burnt out on crocheting to join the next one! Pop on over anyway and make sure I haven't left anything important out. Thanks!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/669661/new-kind-of-granny-square-swap

IDK why but it took me hours (literally, I'm embarrassed to say) to get this new thread done and up! Now I am so worried that it won't make sense to anyone.
hide.gif

I hope a lot of you are not too burnt out on crocheting to join the next one! Pop on over anyway and make sure I haven't left anything important out. Thanks!!!

It only took three hours? I'm impressed. Burnt out on crocheting? Hardly. I've found a square pattern I didn't see in all the swap squares, so I'll use a new (well, it's from a 1973 magazine) kind of square for a new kind of swap.I have a few skeins of earth tones and will use them. The variegated ones are too bulky.Sigh.

hide.gif

Don't worry It took me FOREVER to lay the guide lines down when I hosted as well. YAY!!! Going to go pop over to check it out right now.

YEA!!! Welcome both of you! Lealonna and Betty are signed up already. I am getting so excited for the new swap!!! I alway get like this with a new swap.
big_smile.png

When I posted last, I hadn't realized the earth tones are also pre-chosen. I plan to take strands of what I have over to Joanne's tomorrow and see whether I have any matches. They don't have labels, so I don't know what they are. I promise not to send any rogue squares.

I just realized that while I told everyone the kids and I loved the squares,,,,, I FORGOT TO SAY THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the yarn and hooks that came with our box! All the club members got to pick out yarn, fabrics, hooks, and other supplies this year to take home to use over the summer and keep for themselves. Without such wonderful, generous people such as yourselves this wouldn't have possible and it's the first year we've been able to do it.

I just realized that while I told everyone the kids and I loved the squares,,,,, I FORGOT TO SAY THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the yarn and hooks that came with our box! All the club members got to pick out yarn, fabrics, hooks, and other supplies this year to take home to use over the summer and keep for themselves. Without such wonderful, generous people such as yourselves this wouldn't have possible and it's the first year we've been able to do it.
Yea!!!
clap.gif

I'd thought I'd have the squares connected this weekend. Smitty once called me a crazy fast hooker. I must be crazy to have thought I was fast enough to have 140 six-inch squares connected by now. Maybe next weekend, or maybe that's crazy, too.

I'd thought I'd have the squares connected this weekend. Smitty once called me a crazy fast hooker. I must be crazy to have thought I was fast enough to have 140 six-inch squares connected by now. Maybe next weekend, or maybe that's crazy, too.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
You are still a faster hooker than I am. I am soooooooo slow. OR maybe NOT as focused is a better description. Well 140 is a lot of squares to connect. That's going to be a great afghan!!!!
smile.png
Right now I'm focusing on the big huge ever going blanket that I have promised DD. I hope to get it finished before she returns back home from working at Camp. I have no idea how I will connect my squares. Trying to decide if I should keep it all w/ the same color scheme or add past swaps to make it crazy hodgepodge.

Back
Top Bottom