Spring Granny Square Swap

Thanks all..... I just hdc around each square then sewed them together,back loop whip stitched. Put a boarder around and tied. Added a few more of my squares and WALA
big_smile.png

Thanks all..... I just hdc around each square then sewed them together,back loop whip stitched. Put a boarder around and tied. Added a few more of my squares and WALA
big_smile.png
That was a good idea. I'm whipstitching back loops without a matching stitch around each and the stitching shows through on the darker squares. Live and learn. I see a couple or more of mine, too.

I will crochet mine together. There are several ways to do it. U tube has some good tutorials on it. What do the students think of their squares, Kate?

Hey everyone!!!!

I just wanted to THANK ALL the swappers and Betty for hosting the swap. I love all my squares and can't wait to do something with them. Kate please relay to your students that they did a great job and should be very proud.

My DD graduated from high school last weekend, so life has been a busy whirl wind!!!! We had her graduation party Sat late afternoon after her graduation, so 2 weeks prior to that I have been busting my butt tackling my jungle yard and cleaning the house to prep for the party. Then last Sun we had many graduation parties of DD's friends to attend.

This week I've been exhausted!!!! Went to my chiropractor on Tue to fix my jacked up back from the intensive yard work. I'm feeling much better today and can't wait to feel good enough to get back out there to play in the dirt some more. I feel like I barely scratched the surface prepping for the party. anyway it looks so much better than it did.

Then my DD & I spent the past 2 days at the University she will attend in the Fall getting registered for classes. She did extremely well on her Spanish placement test and will go in as a 3rd yr Spanish. She was just shy of bumping up to the next level, but happy with her results. She felt she didn't have a very good teacher her last yr in high school and doesn't want to get in over her head. If she makes a B or better in the class then she'll get credit for the first 2 yrs and will only need to take about 3 more classes to get her minor. YAY!!!

Now that all the end of the Senior yr activities, graduation and reg for college is over with I feel like I can relax a wee bit. I've been hanging on tight b/c she leaves for 6 wks to work as a counselor at a Catholic Youth Camp.

Sunny~ I've been researching patterns for the 12" squares. Getting exciting and can't wait for you to announce the yarn so I can have an excuse to go buy some new yarn.

Writer~ So funny how your cute lil feathered footed chicken is guarding your box of swaps. Chickens are so funny!

Alethea~ No I never found my earring, so hubby tells people that I raise really expensive chickens. I was really upset at first, but have wrote it off as gone and am thankful that it didn't hurt her. I mean I'm pretty sure she ate it b/c it was no where to be found where I was sitting. I felt it tug out of my ear, but had hoped it had flung some where. Oh well... I should have known better. It's not the first time that poultry has tried to steal them. I just love that Norma Jean!!! She is just so cute, even though she ate it.

Hey everyone!!!!

I just wanted to THANK ALL the swappers and Betty for hosting the swap. I love all my squares and can't wait to do something with them. Kate please relay to your students that they did a great job and should be very proud.

My DD graduated from high school last weekend, so life has been a busy whirl wind!!!! We had her graduation party Sat late afternoon after her graduation, so 2 weeks prior to that I have been busting my butt tackling my jungle yard and cleaning the house to prep for the party. Then last Sun we had many graduation parties of DD's friends to attend.

This week I've been exhausted!!!! Went to my chiropractor on Tue to fix my jacked up back from the intensive yard work. I'm feeling much better today and can't wait to feel good enough to get back out there to play in the dirt some more. I feel like I barely scratched the surface prepping for the party. anyway it looks so much better than it did.

Then my DD & I spent the past 2 days at the University she will attend in the Fall getting registered for classes. She did extremely well on her Spanish placement test and will go in as a 3rd yr Spanish. She was just shy of bumping up to the next level, but happy with her results. She felt she didn't have a very good teacher her last yr in high school and doesn't want to get in over her head. If she makes a B or better in the class then she'll get credit for the first 2 yrs and will only need to take about 3 more classes to get her minor. YAY!!!

Now that all the end of the Senior yr activities, graduation and reg for college is over with I feel like I can relax a wee bit. I've been hanging on tight b/c she leaves for 6 wks to work as a counselor at a Catholic Youth Camp.

Sunny~ I've been researching patterns for the 12" squares. Getting exciting and can't wait for you to announce the yarn so I can have an excuse to go buy some new yarn.

Writer~ So funny how your cute lil feathered footed chicken is guarding your box of swaps. Chickens are so funny!

Alethea~ No I never found my earring, so hubby tells people that I raise really expensive chickens. I was really upset at first, but have wrote it off as gone and am thankful that it didn't hurt her. I mean I'm pretty sure she ate it b/c it was no where to be found where I was sitting. I felt it tug out of my ear, but had hoped it had flung some where. Oh well... I should have known better. It's not the first time that poultry has tried to steal them. I just love that Norma Jean!!! She is just so cute, even though she ate it.
Wow that is awesome that your daughter scored so high! she is very smart to not want to push to a higher level too soon. Seriously intelligent girl you have there! With language classes it is always better to have too much review than to miss something. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get back to my Rosetta Stone studies! I will need a lot of review before moving ahead after all this time!

We are heading into town tomorrow so I will make a final decision then on the colors. I am excited to make some bigger squares too. So many patterns I've wanted to try that are way too big for the 6" squares.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom