The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: HA HA! Mine are he's until proven otherwise. That way I don't get disappointed if the one I want to be a girl is not a girl.

I just loved this, trying to pass my time on day 19.

Have you hugged your chicken today?

0.jpg

Good news. My hatch wasn't a complete failure, I have one chick out (An Australorp) and another one has started to hatch. No sign of movement in the Faverolle eggs though.
fl.gif
The Faverolles are the ones I really, really, want to hatch.

pop.gif

Ok I am starting to freak out a little bit. It's day 19 I have no pips and hear no chirps from the seramas, they were all good when I locked down 2 days ago. I know I need to leave the bator alone but I am worried none of the 11 is gonna hatch
sad.png
on a positive note! I had 2 silkies hatch so far!!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
If your temps are low, they will be late. No need to worry yet!

Testing ONE TWO--- Hey Mike, this thing on?

HANDS FREE LOVE THIS!! It came this morning and I just candled three trays of eggs!!!
All I need is to find a rubber tip for the end of my 3000 lumens light and I am good! I love that I can keep eggs upright!

That is cool!

I received eggs from Sally today!! All made it in good condition resting now.
jumpy.gif

Thank you Sally
thumbsup.gif

celebrate.gif

Quote:
I didn't participate either and that's the main reason! Satellite internet is the worst.
I hated Hughesnet when we had it. And good luck getting anything resolved when you have to call Tech support.

Anybody else staring at broody hens? I don't know what I'm watching for, lol. Will she get off the eggs when they're trying to hatch? It's so fascinating how they go about their broody business with such determination.
Nope, my broodies never go broody when I want them to. She will not get off the eggs. You will hear cheeping, then you will know they are hatching. Some broodies I can lift up under their chests and they will let me peek. My Heritage BR though will take an arm off piece by piece.

I have a zipper!!!!
celebrate.gif

Upgrade the dog!
lau.gif

I love this picture! I live in rattlesnake country. The Guineas keep the snakes back and the wild turkeys also kill snakes....Once I had a desert tortoise get out of his pen and go on a walk about. The Guineas tattled on him and told me exactly where he was.
That's funny!

I keep thinking about getting some guineas - even though I don't particularly like them - just because they keep ticks out and now snakes, hmmm may have to reconsider.
I know, right? What color egg do they lay? If I ever get bigger property, I just may get some.

My HAL update

The noisy little cockatoo is hatching and the other one is pipping! I will post pictures as soon as I can get some without my face getting ripped off by the dad!

One silver pheasant is pipping.

2 of the shipped Seramas quit.
celebrate.gif

Wow, did I set my eggs late? Mine aren't do to hatch until Saturday...
Nope, right on time.

Broody hens everywhere
wee.gif

They all have a variety of pheasant, Polish chicken and Serama eggs to sit on !

I can totally relax when the hens are doing the work.
jumpy.gif

We have 6 hens on eggs.
At least yours go broody when you want to hatch. Mine need to work on making their broodiness more convenient for me!

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote: It's the umbilical and it will fall off on it's own. It looks fine.

Good news. My hatch wasn't a complete failure, I have one chick out (An Australorp) and another one has started to hatch. No sign of movement in the Faverolle eggs though.
fl.gif
The Faverolles are the ones I really, really, want to hatch.

pop.gif

Well, that's good news! Good luck on the Faverolles!

So pretty sure I am close to the 200 mark on hatched chicks this morning very glad that a large portion will be leaving in the morning for the gentleman. I hatched them out for. He had me hatch out 23 dozen which was a total of 276 eggs there was about 4 dozen that were clear or early quitters and I think I may end up with a couple more dozen that just don't hatch for what ever reason they were all due today but started hatching on Tues. two of the hatchers were really busy and the third hatcher just started popping them out. I will try to get some pictures of babies tonight.

Hey guys,
I had a broody silkie and she hatched me out 4 little ones earlier this week. All are at least half Standard silkie, and i have 2 that are just a barnyard cross--I'm not sure who's eggs they were! Here are some pix of the little fuzzbutts!!!! Arent they just adorable?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom