The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I am one tired puppy. I went from Tampa to Gainesville in the pouring rain, with Dd #2. Someone I know was coming down from Defuniak Springs to Fort Meyers. I asked them, if they would cross the border into Alabama, pick up a rooster for me, and bring it to me on their way through. They agreed. I know they have no experience with chickens, and got concerned about the rooster going that many hours without water, so I decided to meet them in Gainesville. In the meantime, the reason they were going to Fort Meyers was to pick up a relative. I told them that if the relative would make arrangements to have someone drop them off at my house, we could go together to Gainesville, and they wouldn't have to travel so far.

When I got to Gainesville, I wanted to go to the University of Florida. They have a fantastic museum there, and everything is free, except 2 special exhibits, but you don't have to go into those if you don't want to pay. We had a great time, and did part of the museum when my rooster arrived. Well, it's not exactly a rooster, but about an 8-9 month old cockerel. He's beautiful. I just know he's going to be the answer to my infertile rooster problem. Anyway, after we swapped people, and the bird, Dd #2 and I went back in to finish out seeing the museum. In case you've never been, IT'S FANTASTIC! There is so much to see, and do there, even if there is a section that doesn't particularly catch your fancy, the next one will. There is plenty there for everyone, including very small children.

We left, and drove back home. I got the new cockerel settled into his big dog crate. Dd #2 stayed awhile to visit with her sister, nieces, and nephew, then I took her home. It's been a long, busy day, but a very good one.

I am one tired puppy. I went from Tampa to Gainesville in the pouring rain, with Dd #2. Someone I know was coming down from Defuniak Springs to Fort Meyers. I asked them, if they would cross the border into Alabama, pick up a rooster for me, and bring it to me on their way through. They agreed. I know they have no experience with chickens, and got concerned about the rooster going that many hours without water, so I decided to meet them in Gainesville. In the meantime, the reason they were going to Fort Meyers was to pick up a relative. I told them that if the relative would make arrangements to have someone drop them off at my house, we could go together to Gainesville, and they wouldn't have to travel so far.

When I got to Gainesville, I wanted to go to the University of Florida. They have a fantastic museum there, and everything is free, except 2 special exhibits, but you don't have to go into those if you don't want to pay. We had a great time, and did part of the museum when my rooster arrived. Well, it's not exactly a rooster, but about an 8-9 month old cockerel. He's beautiful. I just know he's going to be the answer to my infertile rooster problem. Anyway, after we swapped people, and the bird, Dd #2 and I went back in to finish out seeing the museum. In case you've never been, IT'S FANTASTIC! There is so much to see, and do there, even if there is a section that doesn't particularly catch your fancy, the next one will. There is plenty there for everyone, including very small children.

We left, and drove back home. I got the new cockerel settled into his big dog crate. Dd #2 stayed awhile to visit with her sister, nieces, and nephew, then I took her home. It's been a long, busy day, but a very good one.
What breed?

Me, too. Lately, because TV sucks eggs like it always does at the holidays, I am wanting to go to bed before 8 p.m. Early to bed, early to rise, right? Farmer's hours.I woke up to this:
My nephew, Mason Shepherd, is the older son of my youngest biological sister, Candice. He is a policeman in Texarkana, AK and was struck by a vehicle when he responded to another cop being involved in an accident. He is alive, but has some fractures in his lower back, plus other injuries like a broken hand. He and his wife have two young sons. It could have been so, so much worse!
Here is the report issued:
Texarkana Arkansas Police Department
10 hrs ·
At 8:20pm, TAPD responded to a vehicle accident involving a TAPD patrol unit in the 400 block of east street. During the investigation TAPD Officer Mason Shepherd, assisting with the accident investigation, was struck by a vehicle traveling north bound on east street. Officer Shepherd has been transported to St. Michaels hospital and is currently in stable condition.

The initial investigation began when Officer Jacob Montoya, traveling north bound on east street, his patrol car was struck by a vehicle that was exiting from the parking lot of 402 East street. Officer Montoya sustained minor injuries from the accident.

Both accidents remain under investigation at this time.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray for him, and the family. So many law enforcement, and first responders are getting hurt, or killed nowadays. It's sad.

I got my cockerel on his Manna Pro Gamebird/Showbird feed. He seems fairly content today. He's probably still worn out from yesterday.

Thank you Cheryl. Glad you got your boy home safely. I bet he's exhausted just like you!

Here is a photo of my sister with Mason in his military uniform. Oh, yeah, he's a vet, too.
47460519_10213728737000901_8307066211934404608_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom