The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

i think my buff boy is filling out rather well

We just got a pair of English buffs(well we got a trio but one didn't make it, was weak from the start) They are about 4 months old so hoping to be selling chicks by spring time.
fl.gif

The red bleed makes him a pet or a project. Selling chicks (as Orpingtons) from him would be out of the question (I mix colors for projects, but any split chicks I permanently mark, and if I decide not to keep them, I give them away as barnyard mix... Orpington never comes out of my mouth. If you wanted to cross him out to a jubilee again you can maybe get some blue jubilee babies, but stay away from any BBS or chocolate breedings with him. Chicken genetics are complicated, and mixing the colors can get ugly if you are wanting to keep the value of your birds, however if all you want is a handsome rooster, and you like the look of him- then Enjoy him!
But why if it is just a mix of two orps. Why not say mixed color orps.

One of my English roos hatched last season. Not in the best of condition due to the harsh winter we had. He has suffered frost damage. Hatching eggs are available now. Chicks will be hatching soon.
My word he's stunning!wonderful color! I can't wait to get my breed pens built! I need buffs and bbs! My mottled are loving their new coop! Can't wait to add a few more!

He is gorgeous.
I have had five roos from time to time. I have not see an ugly one yet. They are huge.
Currently, I have one black roo, and seven hens.
I do not breed. I would not have a home for the any roos that I might hatch.
Have you ever had mites?
If so, any success with ridding them?

He is gorgeous.
I have had five roos from time to time. I have not see an ugly one yet. They are huge.
Currently, I have one black roo, and seven hens.
I do not breed. I would not have a home for the any roos that I might hatch.
have you ever had mites?
If so, any success with ridding them?
i have never had a mite problem with mine

i bet you could give away any cockerels you hatched out

people around here love large cockerels that will become huge roosters

plenty of chicken pages on FB

someone on there is always looking for a rooster

Back
Top Bottom