The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

He is gorgeous.
I have had five roos from time to time. I have not see an ugly one yet. They are huge.
Currently, I have one black roo, and seven hens.
I do not breed. I would not have a home for the any roos that I might hatch.
Have you ever had mites?
If so, any success with ridding them?
Try Frontline Spray for dogs.... spritz bare skin under each wing and tail area.... I have seen nothing work as good.

Thank you.
I have another question regarding my lawn. From what I have read on trying to get my lawn in shape, brown patches are from mites. Have you ever heard that? Also, while I have your attention, what do you use for the floors of your coop and run? Do you recommend sand?
I enjoy your photos. What do you do with your roosters? They are so handsome. My breeder took back any roos I may have purchased from him. I kept one, he is a year old and keeps the girls safe. Sincerely, Panda1

Thank you.
I have another question regarding my lawn. From what I have read on trying to get my lawn in shape, brown patches are from mites. Have you ever heard that? Also, while I have your attention, what do you use for the floors of your coop and run? Do you recommend sand?
I enjoy your photos. What do you do with your roosters? They are so handsome. My breeder took back any roos I may have purchased from him. I kept one, he is a year old and keeps the girls safe. Sincerely, Panda1

Brown spots in your yard are not mites. Check in your lawn and garden department for something to spray those areas for bugs. I have wood floors with layers pine shavings
Sand is fine for the yards but not for my coop. Sand is good to help keep the bugs off your birds... but again.. with wood floors I wouldn't keep sand on them.

Some of my roos are grown out to keep for breeding purposes... Some I keep , some I sell, some go in the soup. Yes I have taken back roosters for those that can't keep them.
Hope you find this helpful.

Back
Top Bottom