~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

Most turkeys in supermarkets are of the double breasted variety and cannot breed naturally due to their immense size. That being said; They won't get as big as some of the supermarket ones but, I think they taste the same if not a little better. I just like the home grown version because I know how it was raised and the food it's been raised on.

Cool I pm you. I never ate something I raise I would like to try it

I definitely need a few BR eggs if I can't get ahold of a tom around here- I'm hoping I will. I do have a Wishard Bronze/Bourbon Red cross from last year that is the biggest tom I've ever seen. He makes my 4 y/o BR tom look tiny!! Soooooo pretty, too! If I was just going for meat birds, this would be the cross I'd make every time! Sweet boy, too- comes for hugs.

I may trade, but I'm not sure just yet!

My eggs will all be crosses, though- so anyone who doesn't care can get some from me.

Fowl Days of Incubation Set Date Stop Turning At Day Hatch Date

Turkey 28 7-Apr Day 25 5-May
Chicken 21 14-Apr Day 18 5-May
Duck 28 7-Apr Day 25 5-May
Duck (Muscovy) 36 30-Mar Day 31 5-May
Goose 32 3-Apr Day 25 5-May
Guinea Fowl 28 7-Apr Day 25 5-May
Peafowl 29 6-Apr Day 25 5-May
Pheasant 25 10-Apr Day 21 5-May
Quail 23 12-Apr Day 20 5-May
Coturnix Quail 17 18-Apr Day 15 5-May
Chukar 23 12-Apr Day 20 5-May

Last edited:
Fowl Days of Incubation Set Date Stop Turning At Day Hatch Date

Turkey 28 7-Apr Day 25 5-May
Chicken 21 14-Apr Day 18 5-May
Duck 28 7-Apr Day 25 5-May
Duck (Muscovy) 36 30-Mar Day 31 5-May
Goose 32 3-Apr Day 25 5-May
Guinea Fowl 28 7-Apr Day 25 5-May
Peafowl 29 6-Apr Day 25 5-May
Pheasant 25 10-Apr Day 21 5-May
Quail 23 12-Apr Day 20 5-May
Coturnix Quail 17 18-Apr Day 15 5-May
Chukar 23 12-Apr Day 20 5-May

You rock! That's very helpful. I'll update the first page later today.

I think I found a local source for Turkey eggs. The gal was just going to give me them, along with whatever peafowl eggs she can round up.

Chookschick, if I find out that she doesn't have any, when would be a good time to let you know that I want a few? do you think the eggs would ship ok? I have hatched shipped chicken eggs before.

I set up the incubator a couple days ago. the temp has been holding pretty steady and i am working on the humidity. Once I get that dialed in, I am going to attempt hatching some of my goose eggs. I thought they looked fertile, but I am not 100% certain.

I'd like to join in this year. I've never hatched turkeys before. Never owned one for that matter. I'll have to read up on them :) This sounds like fun!

Here are a few pics of the hatcher my daughter and I are making to go along with Easter hatch and the Cinco De Mayo hatches this year. More pics to follow as it progresses further.

The wood staining and puddy.

Installing fan, heater, and thermostats.

Top and trim on.

Count me in. I have a trio of slates & a trio of palms penned together. Got my first egg from them yesterday & 2 more today. Tossed the first 2 in the bator already. Will be setting another batch next week. Once fertility is confirmed I will have some available for sale or swap. Also working on snagging a trio of narris this weekend. Hopefully I will have them & soon be getting 6 eggs per day.

Back
Top Bottom