Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

CG: They are penned up, and ususally lay in the same place. I would love to have an omelet though, so they need to get it together.

And I'm calm about the owl now. I just wasn't expecting that one. Middle of the day and all.

Oh and EVELLE:
welcome-byc.gif

I have a? ??. I have the babies outside with Jonny and my buff. Jonny keeps separating Squishy from the others and trying to mount her. She is only 2 months old and is bigger than my buff. Should I separate them for awhile? Or leave them and keep and eye on them. I would have to try and put some small steel rods in the ground and then wire up, which I can try to do and then the babies can be separate. Or what should I do? I can also leave them alone during the day and then put the babies in the dog house at night. HELP!!!

I would separate them..

Hi, thought id join in on this thread :)
Well, Ive got 25 eggs in incy and I candled them a couple of days ago and can confirm that 8/9 Buff Orpington Eggs are fertile and 3/4 Buff Sussex eggs are fertile, and I was not pleased with the other Black Orpington Eggs :/
So today is day 20 :D But there is no action from the eggs :( What do u think? should their be action from the eggs?

Thanks

Jacob ;)
Hey JO!! Welcome to our little thread!

Be patient! (It's so much easier to say that to someone else.) LOL! I'm sure they're just resting for their big debut.

You can check the hydrometer. http://cmfarm.us/HygrometerCalibration.html Hope this link works.

In short, you mix regular (non iodized) table salt in a small bowl with just enough water to make it the consistency of wet sand. Seal bowl of salt mixture w/hydrometer for at least 7 hours in zip lock baggy. It should be 75%. You then adjust accordingly. In other words, if it says 72%, you would always add 3%. If it said 80%, you would always deduct 5%.

well the one that FINALLY came in is from china
has been in travel for 4 weeks.
and said the temp was 80 (my thermomoter say 99.5)
and humidity was 90% (went to that and the temp within 2 seconds )
and the tsc one once again says 63% humidity and temp of about 101 or 102.

so im just takin the chinese one out

Yes. I have a professional medical stethoscope. I place steth on plastic viewing window and can hear the click click of breathing and the first few squeaks through the steth long before I could hear them without. Also, when they go through resting times during the hatching process, you can hear them clearly and it reassured me all was going according to plans.

Last edited:
Male sure the beak is clear and it can breath. Of there is red blood vessels let it rest as long as it can breath. If no red vessel present you can gently work the membrain back with the qtip giving it more roo. You will need to work quick but careful. Place backin the incubator to let warm and in an hour return and go again.

Sorry to not be around today. Flew out this morning at 7 am and fly back home tomorrow night. Just getting settled in for the afternoon/evening here.

Last edited:
Looking at a cherry blossom tattoo will remind the wearer that every moment of life is precious and that he or she should live to the fullness. The symbolism of the floral tattoo helps us to realize the transience of life, thus offering some comfort when we are in grief or hardship.
In ancient Japan, the cherry blossom symbolized the Samurai class, which was the military nobility. In addition, the cherry tree represents nobility and fertility because only the highest ranking members of Japanese society have the privilege of attending events that featured blooming cherry trees.
In China, cherry blossoms are used to signify femininity, beauty and love. As there are women who use beauty and sexuality to dominate men, the cherry blossoms also represent feminine power. The cherry tree and blossoms are said to bring good luck as well.

I was just searching for info on candling goose eggs. I'm reading that you can't see veining as soon because the shell is thicker.. ?.. And that you're supposed to look for a reddish tint. Other than that, I've having a hard time finding stuff.

What day did you really start to see something?

I saw spider veins in Celtic's eggs on day 5. Did not see the veins in the larger, thicker ebay eggs until a day later. By day 10, you see almost one half of the egg is dark red (membrane). By day 11-12, you can clearly see the embryo swimming. Today is day 13 on my eggs.

I use a different flashlight too. For duck eggs, I use a pen light single LED, but for the goose eggs, I use a larger diameter 5 LED light that fits the fat end of the goose egg better.

Pete's guide has a few pictures... if you go further in the thread... on page 3, Pete posts a few more very helpful pics. I also found an amazing study of embryo development. It doesn't show candling, but it shows a pic for every day of what is happening inside the egg. Here's the link:

http://en.engormix.com/MA-poultry-i...tographic-guide-goose-embryo-t1488/103-p0.htm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom