Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Here's little Whole Foods chick today.

Last edited:
That reminds me. Not much if a happy follow-up but out of the 72 Trader Joe's eggs the five that weren't clear went into lockdown but did not hatch. I'll still try again...maybe in a few weeks. I regretted selling my last Trader Joe's birds and really expected 30-40 chicks to pick from.

That reminds me. Not much if a happy follow-up but out of the 72 Trader Joe's eggs the five that weren't clear went into lockdown but did not hatch. I'll still try again...maybe in a few weeks. I regretted selling my last Trader Joe's birds and really expected 30-40 chicks to pick from.
I'm sorry none hatched. Trader joes eggs are really hit or miss, once I got 8/12 and the next time 2/12

I have 17 eggs cooking- some were from a friend's fridge. Some are in incubator, some are under a hen. My eggs are from 4 different coops in my valley.

I have learned don't sell your chickens in the summer, thinking "I am getting so many eggs" sell them in the fall if at all.

Last edited:
Do all whole foods carry fertile eggs?? I just called the one next to my spouses work (she asked me if I wanted some!!!) and the young man in grocery said he didn't see any....??? What brand would we be looking for? We're in KC. The wholefoods was on 91st and Metcalf.

Last edited:
I asked at the Trader Joes in Portland and I was told that it has to do with how close the store is to the egg farm. Close by has fertile eggs and farther away does not. I do not know how true this is but it is what they told me.

I heard the TJ farm that raises these egg is in Sonoma Co. I Live up in OR too.I will have to stop in at a closer TJ the next road trip. They are available in Redding but my hatch rate was real low.

Back
Top Bottom