Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten??

I've tried Frog Legs (yuck - however my son loves them), crawfish (good), turtle (yuck), calimari (yummy) and alligator (yummy). Oh and my parents used to fix Fish Row for breakfast and I would gag!!
sickbyc.gif

Susan

MY bro had frog legs once and said they tasted like mud. I think it was only because he ate them at a bad resturant where everything tasted like mud lol.

One time, my BF and I were backpacking. We'd been out for two weeks, living on dry food. Blech. We came to a spot on the trail and sat down on a log. Apparently someone had sat there long before then - they dropped some M&M's. They were really old M&M's that all the coating had washed off of.

We picked them up and ate them, and mmmmmm they were good.
big_smile.png

Ummm, probably ant trail mix or squid soup. Yes, we were on a backpacking trip and ants invaded our trail mix. Umm, don't ask about the squid soup thing....

Deep Fried Hog N*ts....and lots of beer. I was visiting some friends in Missouri and all the neighbors gathered for a deep fried party. That was the main event... when in Rome....
roll.png

Once while in Mexico I accidentally ate chicken intestines. None of my friends knew what the word tripas meant, and they gave us a place of slightly crunchy, stretchy things. They really weren't bad, just kind of chewy.

Later we got back to family we were staying with and asked the english speaking father what tripas meant, and he said chicken intestines. EW!

I also had spiced stewed prunes, various goat products, and cactus juice while there. And something made me really sick. Really, really sick.
sickbyc.gif

The next time I went to Mexico I was very careful about what I ate and I didn't get sick, thankfully.

I also once ate sweetbreads on a cruise not knowing what they were until the waiter later explained. They were delicious!

I've also eaten fried squirrel, rabbit, deer, lamb, etc. Calamari is good fried!

We have a restaurant here that serves lamb fries, my parents think they are delicious but I can never bring myself to chew them up and swallow...

Last edited:
Quote:
As I stop my laughing I need to let you know...I have never had potato salad with sweet pickles. I use only homemade dill pickles in my salad. I guess it is just where you are from. LOL

Back
Top Bottom