White Eyes

Okay here's a thought from left field, could he be split to Black Shoulder? I don't have any good pics of a Black shoulder with that first semi-mature train. I do seem to recall some odd whitish-tan markings showing up though. Here is a picture of a yearling black shoulder with the obviously mottled yearling train...... try to picture this as it transitions into the mature train. Could we be seeing a BS influence peeking through like those odd wing feathers on my pied split BS.
Are you referring to KsKingBee peacock?

Okay here's a thought from left field, could he be split to Black Shoulder? I don't have any good pics of a Black shoulder with that first semi-mature train. I do seem to recall some odd whitish-tan markings showing up though. Here is a picture of a yearling black shoulder with the obviously mottled yearling train...... try to picture this as it transitions into the mature train. Could we be seeing a BS influence peeking through like those odd wing feathers on my pied split BS.

Ok, here is a thought from right field. Could the vanishing white be an immature Pied thing like the vanishing light color on a BS? We know from last years pictures that there were at least six, by my count, eyes with white in them and quite a bit of white splattering. So far this year I see no splattering and I am seeing more white appearing in the eyes every day. I don't have a good count, but I did see another one today. We saw him displaying but by the time I got my camera he folded up. DW got a lot of moon pics and a couple of the front on her I-Pad but he was in the shade and quality of the pics is not very good.

So, I am observing that the white in the eyes appears later in the development of the feather. Augeredin and Jack both agree that this is not a WE bird, so is this a function of being pied? Or do we not agree with their assessment? As to the heritage of this bird; he could have anything in him. The guy that he came from had IB, BS, Cameo, Pied, and every combination thereof. Oh,oh, my enter button quit. Here is a picture GP had requested of a two year old with a single eye feather trailing behind, it is also a IBBS so it may be the photo you were looking for as well.

I finally got some pics of him displaying.
ya.gif

I see two WE feathers, one at nine o'clock and one just right of center.

And then there are all these white dots in these feathers at the top of the train.

How many eyes with white in them does it take to qualify as WE?

Please á picture of DARK Pied Silver (Male
Has Ocelli White in these traîne

But for me logically a dark Silver P should not have white spots
Because Wesp os not We ?????

A dark pied male out of silver pied mating will look like any regular white eye male, i had a dark silver pied opal male from last year hatch and he looks like any other opal white eye males.

So á indian bleu White Eyed (IB/IB : We/We ) = idem phénotype as a DARK Silver Pied (P/P: Wesp/ Wesp )
Sp î do not understand thé difference between We/We and Wesp/Wesp ?????

Maybe We/We and Wesp/Wesp are responsable thé Very White spot

Back
Top Bottom