Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hello! I can't believe how many pages I had to read from yesterday just to get caught up! Holy cow you guys are chatty! Wow! Welcome to all the newcomers!

Hey, I just wanted to jump in regarding microchipping your pets. Did you know they are now charging an ANNUAL FEE to keep your information on file (and to even register the # you just had implanted)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ba$tards! If I recall correctly, it's $25 per year or like $85 for a lifetime? I sure wish I would have known this PRIOR to having our last dog microchipped. So even though I paid for the microchip, they won't let me register the # unless I agree to the annual fee and pay another $25. I swear.........to say I was furious would be an understatement. Make sure you know in advance what all the fees are or will be so you aren't caught off guard like I was. (I could see and would agree to paying a small fee if we moved or changed our info but to pay them $25 a year to do nothing is ridiculous!)

Oh, yeah, I guess I'm in the minority, I want a smaller house not bigger. The smaller the house, the less stuff I'd collect and have to clean! ha!

Have a good one. It's raining pretty hard, hit or miss, here in Madison and we're under a flood waqtch for quite some time. Be safe & stay warm!

Elaine

Wow! I was gone (sick) off the site since last Thursday and there were something like 200+ posts to read. Whew! Welcome to all the newcomers
welcome-byc.gif
. Our Welsummer eggs are going into lockdown tonight. yay! Will report on the # we get. Started with 18 and I think one was clear, but it's hard to tell with those dark eggs.

Oh, and our Fainting goat does all had their babies so we have 6 more goats! Yikes. Hope we can sell them all (not really, shhhh, don't tell the DH). This is Shirley (not to be confused with her twin sister, Laverne!)

Last edited:
Wow! I was gone (sick) off the site since last Thursday and there were something like 200+ posts to read. Whew! Welcome to all the newcomers
welcome-byc.gif
. Our Welsummer eggs are going into lockdown tonight. yay! Will report on the # we get. Started with 18 and I think one was clear, but it's hard to tell with those dark eggs.

Oh, and our Fainting goat does all had their babies so we have 6 more goats! Yikes. Hope we can sell them all (not really, shhhh, don't tell the DH). This is Shirley (not to be confused with her twin sister, Laverne!)
OMG! So precious. I love goats. I used to have some at my other farms, but none here sadly.

Hello! I can't believe how many pages I had to read from yesterday just to get caught up! Holy cow you guys are chatty! Wow! Welcome to all the newcomers!

Hey, I just wanted to jump in regarding microchipping your pets. Did you know they are now charging an ANNUAL FEE to keep your information on file (and to even register the # you just had implanted)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ba$tards! If I recall correctly, it's $25 per year or like $85 for a lifetime? I sure wish I would have known this PRIOR to having our last dog microchipped. So even though I paid for the microchip, they won't let me register the # unless I agree to the annual fee and pay another $25. I swear.........to say I was furious would be an understatement. Make sure you know in advance what all the fees are or will be so you aren't caught off guard like I was. (I could see and would agree to paying a small fee if we moved or changed our info but to pay them $25 a year to do nothing is ridiculous!)

Oh, yeah, I guess I'm in the minority, I want a smaller house not bigger. The smaller the house, the less stuff I'd collect and have to clean! ha!

Have a good one. It's raining pretty hard, hit or miss, here in Madison and we're under a flood waqtch for quite some time. Be safe & stay warm!

Elaine
Hi Elaine,
I just found that out when I was down in Racine. I brought my kitten with me to get microchiped. I called up to update my dogs and they told me that they didn't have them registered. They told me that the chip ID that I gave them was sold to Country Side Humane society but not registered.So when I went to the humane society (which just was bought by WI Humane Society) they updated my change of address and I made sure they had my dogs information (microchips) in their system. So that way if someone finds my dogs and calls the microchip number it will refer them to WI Humane Society and then they will look up the ID number and they will call me.
I TOO THREW A FIT WHEN I FOUND THIS OUT. For the past 5 years they would not have been able to find me. I still need to update a few of my other dogs.
This is Pure BS !!!
I even had one dog scanned a few years ago when I took her for her shots at the HS shot clinic and they couldn't find her chip. It must have migrated out after it was inserted. Thankfully at the time the manager (whom had trained one of my horses) told them that yes she had been microchipped and they gave her a new one for no cost. Geez.
I just ran across a vet supply website that has the home again (I think) microchip shot and chip for like $11.00. It expires on April 31,2013. Good deal if you feel confident enough to do it yourself but then if you have to pay yearly.
If I remember correctly the place my kitten is done at requires a yearly fee BUT if you don't pay I think whatever info they have on you stays in their system. They just won't update your address if you don't pay and you move. Still a scam.... you get the feeling like who knows if your dog is protected or not !!!!

What the ......... !!!!!

gloomy afternoon folks,

wow I learned a lot here the last couple days,,,,there are indoor/off road bike facilities (w,t,f), pigs can have ingrown eyebrows (who knew?), and in today's WI you can sell a Humane Society (go figure)

The hatch went really well, still have some action on the Barred Rocks, 1 clean hatch, 3 more pipped one should make it another 2 are possible, I've read that some heritage BRs take forever to hatch so I will wait
White Chanteclers did well 14 of 17, nice healthy chicks, my Olive Eggers once again surprised me 28 of 30 going strong, I have 20 of those sold so a good thing!

bbl need to unload some feed

Last edited:
Unk, you are funny...

Did the taxes, not the results I wanted but at least Uncle Sam did not have my $ to spend wastefully! Someday I will figure it out so that the total is $0.

Transplanted the tomatoes this morning, and then I planted my Basil, Parsley, Brussels Sprouts, Romanesco Broccoli, marigolds, and 4 O'Clocks. Baked a cake for my co-workers 50th birthday celebration tomorrow, and took a nap. I guess it was a productive day even though I sat on the computer for a lot of it.

DH made dinner; meat and veggies. Nice healthy meal....
roll.png

I hope they are all pullets!!! CC where are you? I think that the hatchin' has exhausted her to the point of much needed sleep. We all want to come over to play on Friday. Can we come over, please please???
They just might be all girls. They are so quiet and well behaved. I might just have to keep them.
wink.png
lau.gif
I did not sleep well last night and wound up pulling a TO: I slept in, then had to scramble to get things accomplished even though I didn't have the energy to do it.
roll.png
I hate these sunless days. No motivation........... It's a good thing I have all of you to plan my schedule out for me. Friday should work. What time? Noonish?
Sandi, I believe you have developed a stutter.
gig.gif
When I first saw that pic of the boots, I thought you were bored again.
lau.gif
The gibberish from the quote is an error. I've been getting them lately too. Just cancel your reply & try again. If you still have the issue, refresh the page.

kjg, congrats on the chicks!

Bigfam, actually it was 6 of 7. Beat that. I dare you.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom