Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Evening All.
We finally got our entertainment center set up in the house, my friend Joan gave it to us. it was sitting in the shed for nearly months...
I needed to put cross braces on the back but it is looking good!!

Chickens are great, I am getting a few eggs a day now so lucky me.

TO's chocolate muscovy was sitting on TOP of the stall wall... WOW!! Naughty duck!!

Have a great night

I'm chiming in from Marathon county. Though I have not one chicken (newbie), I'm here to learn so I hope in a couple years I can get my hobby farm off to a good start.

tatters , there are a few of us from marathon county.. what part are you from.. ? I am west of Menard's about 6 miles.. dave is in the Rib Mt area.. there is another on the N E side in Evergreen.. He is silent though.. been years since I heard from him..

CC , I do have a pop door on the chicken coop.. I don't use it during the winter.. I have it blocked shut and then I have wood chips stacked against it on the inside for insulation..

I was in town at dusk so Annie locked up the birds.. Sooo,
I didn't get the turkey poults moved tonight.. maybe I will just let them go during the day tomorrow and chase them in at night..

.........jiminwisc..........

Hi All!

FT.... about the fish... If it works for TO it will work for me. I checked the DOT and according to the web site the construction on 83 should have been done by Nov. 23. BTW.... how's "Chilly Willy"? Any more out there?

krisp.... cute thing about your broody!
love.gif
Hope more hatched for you.

BBP....Love the coop and the run.... looks so cozy!

BigZ.... Again I am jealous! You had homemade sauerkraut? I the chickens and coons hadn't eaten it all I was going to make some this year! Good stuff!
droolin.gif

TO... The caraway helps with the gas!
tongue.png
.... and it's tasty!
wink.png
But please. don't add sugar!
sickbyc.gif
Sweet cabbage should be red cabbage... and done different.
wink.png

CC... hope your bun is better!

Tatt...Hang around here and you'll have chickens sooner than you planed! You'll also learn "chicken math"
lau.gif
And don't give us the line about "I can't have chickens where we are now"...
roll.png
We have "chicken outlaws" here too!
cool.png
hide.gif
But you will learn allot (even if views differ) But then, if we all had the same views and ideas.... what would be the point?

Weird things going on in the coop....I made a pop door for the coop and when DH lets them out in the morning he has been using it. The last 2 days when I went down there the people door was cracked and the pop door was closed.
roll.png
I asked DH about it today because the point of the small door was to keep the coop warmer. I also noticed the the slide door to the little coop and run was not open. DH said he was sure he did everything right..... positive!
idunno.gif
Beak count seems to be OK.... weird... real weird.
hu.gif
hmm.png

Made omelets for supper... used up some left overs.

Well, guess that's about it.

Night all!

Hey tatters, I am just south of Rib mountain, not quite mosinee.
BlackBrook poulty, that is a great run and french toast What cute chicks
Things are going well here, It is Friday.
I will clean out the coop tomorrow again, or rather put another layer of wood chips down.
I think in January, I will remove it all and put it clean stuff back in.
Chickees are doing well, so far they are still going out in the run and pecking.
have a good day

David

If anyone is interested we are looking for a home for a part cochin black with red neck rooster, we got 16 chicks and ended up with 5 roosters

Good Morning Everyone!
welcome-byc.gif
to all that are new! Have been going through a lot of sleep deprived days/nights. Was onlty able to read a few pages and not sure any of it sunk in. My mom is in ICU with heart problems, we dang near lost her early Wed. morning but things are looking up! Prognosis is good! Then on my way home from Appleton my cousin called to tell me my uncle had passed. Just waiting for the third hammer to drop.
hide.gif
I cringe when the phone rings. But on the up side the chickens are doing good. Had a shell less egg yesterday and am hoping that it's someone elses other than Btwo's. Have plenty of oyster shell and they get dried egg shells. And DD25 and her Beau came over for TFF last night. Sorry Bigz but the only thing that makes Fridays special is it's garbage day
lau.gif
Going to finally get the last 5 blocks of wood split today and put the snow bucket and chains on the tractor. We got about a half an inch yesterday and are right on the line of 2-4 or 4-6" for tomorrow. Gee I wonder which it will be? Hope it's the 2-4 so we can pack it down for a good base. Really would like to sneak in a nap today. We'll see.

BBP--beautiful run! Can't let my birds see it or they'd be sooooo jealous!

Anyone ever have a problem with an incontinent dog? My border collie is 13, and has gotten to the point he hardly has any control at all and wears a diaper and that still doesn't hold it all. Not sure if I'm looking at putting the guy down.

When he's outside, he's his old self, trying to chase the ducks and running around like he's a pup. The vet says there's nothing to do, short of exploratory surgery.

good morning,

DrH, hope Mom makes a speedy recovery.. was this a surprise, or had she been having problems ?

Shanti, is your vet nuts ? or just money hungry ? I have it figured out, your dog is old.. send the check to my address, I will PM you..

DrH, is your driveway real steep? with a counterweight, you should not need chains.. I have a brand new set in the garage. I found them to be more of a hassle than help..

I have not turned the birds loose yet today.. It was quite cold , but now the sun is shining so they will be loose soon.

I should go out and do something worth writing about..

.........jiminwisc.........

DrHa... Keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery. Sorry to hear about your Uncle Passing. Is that your Mom's brother ? So sad.

Learned yesterday that my 89 yr old Aunt (Not the one I normally post about) fell and has a fracture in her spine. This woman is an 89 yr old wonder woman.
She still drives old people to their doctor appointments. She is a Saint. It is so sad because she is so allergic to all sorts of medications. She can't even get her tooth numbed for a filling etc. She is in alot of pain.
She is my Mom's cousin and my God Mother. We were suppose to have the monthly get together next Saturday at my Brothers down in Racine but we may have to cancle if Aunt Bette can't make it. She has the most upbeat attitude of anyone I have ever met (opposite of my other Aunt (Dad's sister).
It is so sad. I'll have to find out if she will be up for visitors when I go down next weekend. I sure hope she doesn't develop pneumonia (sp) like alot of elderly do when they break hips etc.

My little chick (theirs just the one lavender split chick) is still among us but isn't very active. I'm going to put one of the silkie/cochin chicks with it to see if it perks up.

Hoping my tires come in to Fleet Farm today or I'm screwed for going to Racine for my baby nieces 1st Birthday Party !!

Well, I sure hope I don't win all of my Ebay auctions. I bid on three different Mealworm auctions. So far I'm top bidder on all three !!!! What am I gonna do if I win all three, 11,000 mealworms !!!!!!!
ep.gif
Not too worried yet because I lost out last minute yesterday. If I do get these I will definately be in the Mealworm Farming business !!!! The Chickens will love me !!!

welcome-byc.gif
Tatters and all of the other newbies I missed. Stick around, we're a crazy group, always something going on around here !!!

Back
Top Bottom