I did not like the lack of access to add water or to add additional temp and humidity monitoring instruments. So if you don't like something there is only one thing left to do. Modify it !!!!!
I know many are concerned with drilling the clear lid of the incubator. I decided a spade bit would be best for the task of drilling the lid. I purchased a new 3/4" spade bit by Irwin. I wanted to make sure it was nice and sharp. So with a cordless drill I decided to give it a go. I had the drill going at about a medium speed with very light pressure. I was actually holding back the weight of the drill itself. When almost all the way through you will really want to make sure you barely have any pressure. I had success drilling one hole so why not push my luck and go for another . All worked out really well with no issues at all. Main thing is steady hand with very light pressure.. Here's some photos for you of what I used along with some finished photos. I also drilled holes in plugs to insert my temp probe and humidity/temp monitor. I can now easily remove the plugs and add water where I want. This is what I wanted and what works for me. Hope you enjoy!
I also made a divider for separated hatch. This is based off of @aart idea.
I "welded" with hot glue at all the intersections. Holds nicely in place. It goes in as one whole piece. Should clean up well with an old toothbrush and dish soap after hatch. Made of this.
Here's some photos of an insulated box i made for it. Sides and bottom are insulated. IncuView slides down into the insulation and then everything slide down into the wood box.