Msps Coop Construction Page 5

By MSP · Jan 11, 2012 ·
  1. MSP
    PAGE 5
    Finishing up the Hen House! The peeps are getting big so they will move in before the house is done. This set the priority of what gets done first. I needed to get the wire on the run and the floor down in the house.

    Linoleum floor tiles! This is looking more like a house now! The floor wasn't perfect but I made an attempt to smooth it out and followed the manufactures instructions before putting the tile down.


    Stain! I used a solid stain and will stick to the color pallet of the buildings already on my property. My barn is gray and brown, my house is gray and violet...


    I don't have time to put up inside walls. Here is a shot of the inside framing of the windows and the chicken door. It will have to due for now.


    I put hardware cloth on the run. I used the 2x4 welded wire on the ducks run and had problems with it breaking at the joints so I thought I would try something different.


    I nailed hardware cloth on the outsides of all the windows using fence staples. The trim was nailed over the hardware cloth.


    Run and floor on page 1
    Plans on page 2
    Roof on page 3
    Framing and Siding on page 4

    Share This Article


To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by