Birds of The Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdsofthefarm

Songster
10 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Grayson County, TX
I am writing a book called birds of the farm, If enough peeps like it I will make a fan club

Chapter 1

Earthflock

The wind was blowing very hard. The birds of The Earthflock Were up in the roosts. Juliet was sitting on her eggs, waiting for them to emerge. Romeo Paced up in the roosts. If these chicks don’t hatch, the existing Earthflock will be in peril with only two grown cocks. Juliet knew what Darkflock could do to them. Shadow, their rooster, had not ever allowed the farmer hen to take off his knife-like spurs, putting him at the top of a battle, possibly killing the hens, cocks, and the three chicks belonging to Darbie. Raindrops started pitter-pattering on the roof of Earthflock’s Coop. Romeo strutted to the other side of the coop, checking on Darbie and his two sons and daughter. Looking sadly at the happy family Juliet hopped off of her nest, hurrying to get some water. Once her thirst was quenched she flew up to her nesting boxes, to see a cracked egg. Oh dear, I must have sat on it wrong. But looking closer, she saw the crack getting bigger. Oh my goodness!! “There Here!”

Waterflock

Coco looked at her 5 chicks, smiling at her only daughter, Ruby. Nudging them into the corner for warmth, she walks up to Stella and asks, “Can you watch them, I need to go get some fresh air.” “Sure,” the red hen replied. Coco hopped up onto the flap and flew out, thankful for the chance to have a dust-bath. Being inside for a month sure makes your feathers oily. After a nice dust-bath, she felt little drops of rain and flew back into the coop, shaking the sparkling droplets from her speckled feathers. Of course, the old red hen was telling them stories of when she was a chick. That’s Stella for you. Then, thankfully, the farmer girl came in, pouring large food into one bowl, and pouring chick food into a smaller bowl. The chicks were down as soon as the first granule hit the bowl. Chicks.

Darkflock

Shadow looked down onto his only son, wobbling around. Male Chicks need to learn respect! As the chick was walking, Shadow tripped him. Blaze ran up to him. “Please don’t do that, you’ll kill him before he even reaches the age to train to be a cock.” “Well tell him he needs to learn some respect, your girls didn’t learn that, that’s why I had to kill them.” He flew out of the coop, hearing the soft peeps of chicks from Waterflock’s coop. They have too many mouths to feed, only the strong will survive. But they’re encouraging the weak to dominate the strong. They are such Bird-brains.

Ooooh! Good start! Then what happens?
pop.gif
caf.gif

Next
Chapter 2

Earthflock

The crack got bigger and bigger until the whole thing cracked in half and a little golden chick emerged from the shell. Juliet nudged it onto the nest of feathers she had created. That’s one out of two hatched, tomorrow, the next one will come. Romeo, after being forced to stay away, ran over to his new son. “E.J.” “What” Juliet asked. “E.J., his name.”

Juliet clucked in approval,” Well, at least I get to name the next one!” She chuckled as she sat on her first son and his brother or sister. This is going to be great. These are my first chicks ever. I wonder what the last one will be. Romeo strutted over proudly, looking at his future cock. “He is….. just, amazing.” “I know” Juliet said,” I know”

Waterflock

Ruby had pushed her brothers out of the way to access the food first. Even though they were bigger than her, she had something backing her up. Attitude. Coco chuckled and headed over to the larger food. Stella hobbled down and Coco moved out of the way to let her in. By then the chicks had finished, and the little roosters were chasing Ruby around the coop. Ruby was running around, over and under the nesting boxes and suddenly flew out of the coop to avoid the mob but waiting outside was a two foot deep puddle and landed in it was a five inch high chick.

Darkflock

Shadow saw the small chick fall out of the coop and thought” That’s what happens when they are taught to play.” Coco followed after and tried to grasp the chick with her beak, but both were too slippery. Inside the bag of chicken food dropped to the floor when the farm girl heard Coco’s squawking. A few seconds later the girl with the braided hair had the red chick in her hands, wrapping it in her outer fur. Oh my gosh, were all going to die. Shadow thought arrogantly. He flew inside and immediately the hens were asking what was going on. Only a death due to playfulness. He replied.

Chapter 3

Earthflock
“Mommy” E.J. asked,”Where’s Daddy” Where is Romeo? The silver hen wondered. “Well, I don’t know honey, but you can look.” The golden chick jumped down and flew onto the door flap. “Daddy!” The chick yelled. When the chick turned around and peeped” He isn’t coming” Romeo sprang through the door, knocking E.J. to the floor and they started playing together. My son, my little E.J.

Darkflock

“A death, Who?!!” “The little red chick.” Suddenly the coop went silent. “Ruby.” Blaze whispered. “What!” Shadow snapped. “Ruby was the flock’s only female chick, and Stella isn’t laying anymore.” Suddenly, a grin spread across Shadow’s face.”This gives us the advantage here. Coco will stop laying one day and there will be no more chicks unless the farm girl gives them a new hen or chick, and it is the time of year that that happens, so keep a look out. This might be our chance to rise to the top.”

Waterflock

“Ruby!” Coco screamed after her daughter. My baby, my Ruby. Tears rolled down her cheeks, drooping her feathers. The rest of the flock slowly came out. Samson stood next to her.”I am so sorry, but those four still need you.” The four little boys looked at her. “Momma,” Ryan asked.“Where’s Ruby.” “She went to fly with grandma. “Oh.” He said quietly, and walked away. I will always love you, I will see you again someday. Ruby.

I didn't know I had so many fans, I should start a fan club

Chapter 4

Earthflock

Watching her son play on the floor with his dad, it made her feel proud. Is this what being a mom feels like? A little shift in the egg below her made her jump. The baby is here, but, Romeo can wait to know. Juliet stood up to give the chick some room and looking back, she saw the beak peel off the shell enough to see it’s face. It’s a girl! After a few minutes, Darby noticed the silver chicken staring at the nesting box. “Juliet, what are you doing?””The little girl is here.” She whispered, trying not to let Romeo hear.”A BABY GIRL!!!” Darbie squawked. Romeo squawked, “There...they... It is here!!!” Darbie is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, just be glad she isn't in Darkflock.

Darkflock

I know this is against the rules, but to create more cocks for our flock we will have to have every hen we have, sitting on eggs all year around, except one, to take care of the chicks. Blaze can do that. “Everyone, I have an announcement, we will now start having chicks all year round, not just the guider. Blaze will be caring for the chicks.””But that is against the rules. Only the Guider can do that “Sasha said.”I refuse to do that.” “Or, you will be killed. Not listening to me is another rule broken.” Shadow smirked."Ok.” Sasha said quietly. Walking outside, she looked into the starry sky and said, “Sorry mom, I know that you would have died for the rules, because you did for me.”

Waterflock

Ruby is gone, and I can’t do anything about it OK. Get over it. What am I saying? Ruby! Tears were streaming down her face. She hopped inside and sat in the private nesting box. She heard the farmer girl come in and feed us, and suddenly the hens sounded really exited. The hogs must be happy to have my food. “Juliet come here!” Stella clucked. “No.””But you have to, look!” Just another failed attempt to cheer me up, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom