chicken nightmaresi am a new mum to 2 hens and 3

goldenchic

Songster
10 Years
Nov 7, 2009
i am a new mum to 2 hens and 1 cockerel and keep having nightmares that cats are trying to get them,also dreamt 1 of them strangled themselves with the piece of string i put in the run to hang things from i have four grown children & grandchildren and dont remember being this anxious over them is this normal?

Well I think it's normal...lol...depending on how new they are to you. The first night I put my chicks out in their coop (tight, insulated, w/a heat lamp), I kept dreaming that there was a frigid, raging wind and the door was wide open (and the heat lamp was laying there broken) and my little chicks were huddled together and frozen...I woke up scared to death in the middle of the night and went out to the porch. Sure enough, everything was fine, with the red glow of the heat lamp shining through their (double paned) window...LOL!! I've had a few dream similar to that. And I too had a looped area (where their heat lamp hangs from) that was stressing me out. I kept picturing them strangling themselves too!! I got rid of my loop it was bothering me so... I don't have grandkids, but I've often commented about not worrying this much over my own child when he was little...LOL. I think you (your subconscience) just know(s) that they are very dependent on you, and you want to be a good chicken mama!!

Yep..anytime I have a few chicks (which end up in the house in big bins with mommas) I worry all night and make night checks even though they are in the house. I always leave my window cracked by my head at night so I can hear anything that might be a sign for alarm. I have been out in my PJs and flash light many times over the years just to find nothing was wrong. Eventually you will learn the squabble noises from the alarm noises.

I had a bad dream when I got chicks this March.I dreamed that my dog was coming to get them...................R.I.P. Ebony
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom