Cheapest Flat Panel Heaters

Little Ameraucana Mom

Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!
14 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Greencastle, In
I use a large dog bed heater - looks like the little black one on you first link. Cost $60. They like it and I think it's safe. Don't remember where I got it...one of the cheap horse supply places that sends out catalogs like Valley Vet. They are also sold (for around 20% more) at Pet Smart.
Cheers,
N. VA

I dont know if it is the same thing but the one from Amazon may be used for indoor dogs only or indoor only unless it can be used outside where the chickens can use the heat inside the coop. Some heaters need to be out of the elements or inside of house where there is no chance for moisture or high humidity to get into it. Unless your coop is well made for human occupacity LOL!

However that piglet sow heater would be even better.

I've been looking at them too and found the same places you did,. do you have one now? Have you used them before? I was wondering how well they worked before putting that kind of $ into one,..

Quote:
No I've never used one. I just though they might be safer then heat lamps, When I was a kid we had a farrowing house burn down from a heat lamp, so they scare me, but that is what I used last winter.

I don't know the exact model of ours; but, our panel heating a awesome! In fact; I too, was considering its use in future brooding
smile.png

Please be careful with heat lamps everyone.
Several years ago Maybury Park's barn (in Northville, MI) burned because of a heat lamp incident.
Sadly, almost every animal died in the burning barn.

Last edited:
Quote:
flat panel heaters are for chicken coops and such, they are very safe. its the heat lamps that are the problem, NEVER NEVER use one as a winter heater in your coop, I know of a teen who used one in her coop. That coop, a different coop burned down, all birds lost, plus if a passing police officer hadn't been passing by the house would have gone too, as it was the deck was a total loss that how close it was.

Back
Top Bottom