~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

"Then it's so on," Hazelpaw concluded contentedly, catching his contagious grin. She leaned up to give his closest ear an impulsive lick. "Once those two sleepysnouts get up, we'll put our heads together to think of a perfect meeting place."
Words died in Crowpaw's mouth at her touch, but his grin didn't falter. On utter impulse, he returned the lick on her ear. "Come on, then!" He couldn't stop a purr from rising in his throat as he straightened up. "Lets grab our rabbits and wake those two up before they sleep the day away!"

"Oh, water vole is really good, too!" Brokenwing cracked off a leg, snapping it open with her teeth to reach the meat inside. "The clan doesn't catch it as much as other stuff, but it's really good when they do."

~

"Yuck! I'd take a delicious robin or squirrel over a slimy fish any day, thank you very much!" Ravenpaw meowed, leaping onto the tree bridge, crossing it quickly before landing on the other side. She bounded up to Canopypaw, sun beating down on their pelts and the stones. "We made it!"

Lostpaw started picking at the meat of his own crab leg, realizing he hadn't really had crab in a while as he often just stuck to fish so he could bring some back to the clan and then leave. He figured this was a good break from his more solitary life lately. "Yeah, it's a bit more messy with the blood and the fur but it's so good, I can definitely see how other clans can live off only land living prey."

~

Canopypaw rolled onto her back, the warm stones sliding against her at her movement. "We did! This is so nice, I'm glad Cloudclan doesn't have to fight Waterfallclan over this place anymore." She stated cheerfully. She looked up at the bright sky and gave a snicker as a thought came to her. "Poor Wingpaw is out on a patrol with Nightflower and the others, catching us a squirrel while we lay around here. Do you think he's gonna be waiting for us when we get back? Think he'll be jealous?"

Lostpaw started picking at the meat of his own crab leg, realizing he hadn't really had crab in a while as he often just stuck to fish so he could bring some back to the clan and then leave. He figured this was a good break from his more solitary life lately. "Yeah, it's a bit more messy with the blood and the fur but it's so good, I can definitely see how other clans can live off only land living prey."

~

Canopypaw rolled onto her back, the warm stones sliding against her at her movement. "We did! This is so nice, I'm glad Cloudclan doesn't have to fight Waterfallclan over this place anymore." She stated cheerfully. She looked up at the bright sky and gave a snicker as a thought came to her. "Poor Wingpaw is out on a patrol with Nightflower and the others, catching us a squirrel while we lay around here. Do you think he's gonna be waiting for us when we get back? Think he'll be jealous?"
"I wonder what a bird or a squirrel tastes like," Brokenwing mewed, stripping the crab leg free of meat. "It'd be cool to try sometime, but even on the moor there never is any. The only land animals we have are water voles, and rabbits on the border with the Tribe, but that's kind of rare even then."

~

Ravenpaw rolled onto her back beside Canopypaw, nodding. "Yeah! It's nice to not hear patrols everyday coming back and arguing over who should have this place." She rolled side to side, working out a knot in her muscles with the rocks. "Poor, poor Wingpaw. He probably will be jealous of us. We'll have to come out here with him sometime, when Nightflower isn't dragging him on patrol."

"I can't just stand here while she says this!" Flamepaw's claws unsheathed, curling deep into the earth. How could he stand by and listen to Rainstar speak like that, insulting his sister and Dogfang, calling them weak and unable to defend themselves? They were only apprentices!
He looked at Ivypaw, before glancing behind him at Doveheart. And he knew he couldn't just leave her there. She deserved to be at rest before he did something rash.
"Okay," he rasped. "Yes, go get Frostpaw."
Ivypaw got to her paws and began to make her way across the camp. She carefully wove around her distressed Clanmates, seeking out an glimpse of elusive white. "Frostpaw?" she called, struggling to make herself heard above the din. But the pretty white apprentice was nowhere to be found. Frustrated, Ivypaw instead sought out Smoketail, owner of a grating growl that quickly led her to him. "Smoketail, do you know where I can find Frostpaw?
"...the imbeciles that lead us..." Smoketail grumbled heatedly as he pressed crushed herbs into a pouring wound, not seeming to notice Ivypaw. "...an absolute waste...cost us perfectly good cats..."
"Smoketail, I need to find Frostpaw," Ivypaw tried again, trying to keep her tail from lashing with impatience.
Smoketail looked up, eyes narrow and unusually dangerous. "Treating that mother of yours, last time I checked. Should be around here someplace."
Already backing away, Ivypaw froze for an anxious heartbeat. Mother.
Then she soundlessly shook her head once and padded away stiffly, praying to all the inhabitants of StarClan that Frostpaw had switched patients since Smoketail had last seen her.
But instead of wandering around in another indefinite search, Ivypaw stumbled straight into a hurrying Frostpaw, with -Thanks for coming through, StarClan- no Brightclaw in sight.
"Hey, uh...your brother and I are going to take your sister to..." Ivypaw swallowed hard and went quiet, hoping she'd said enough.

Words died in Crowpaw's mouth at her touch, but his grin didn't falter. On utter impulse, he returned the lick on her ear. "Come on, then!" He couldn't stop a purr from rising in his throat as he straightened up. "Lets grab our rabbits and wake those two up before they sleep the day away!"
Hazelpaw picked up her cooling kill and carefully trotted over to the tree where she'd left her earlier rabbit. She approached it with a frown, only now realizing that being a compact cat wasn't all that convenient for carrying multiple large prey-creatures. She stood there for a pawful of heartbeats, contemplating until a solution came to her. Loosening her grip on this rabbit's scruff, she jerked her head to the left, tossing the fresher corpse over her shoulder. Then she gathered the second one's neck into her jaws and began the tedious stunt of wobbling back over to Crowpaw. "I may have some issues getting back," she called giddily.

Hazelpaw picked up her cooling kill and carefully trotted over to the tree where she'd left her earlier rabbit. She approached it with a frown, only now realizing that being a compact cat wasn't all that convenient for carrying multiple large prey-creatures. She stood there for a pawful of heartbeats, contemplating until a solution came to her. Loosening her grip on this rabbit's scruff, she jerked her head to the left, tossing the fresher corpse over her shoulder. Then she gathered the second one's neck into her jaws and began the tedious stunt of wobbling back over to Crowpaw. "I may have some issues getting back," she called giddily.

(Hazelpaw is bUFF!!!)

Ivypaw got to her paws and began to make her way across the camp. She carefully wove around her distressed Clanmates, seeking out an glimpse of elusive white. "Frostpaw?" she called, struggling to make herself heard above the din. But the pretty white apprentice was nowhere to be found. Frustrated, Ivypaw instead sought out Smoketail, owner of a grating growl that quickly led her to him. "Smoketail, do you know where I can find Frostpaw?
"...the imbeciles that lead us..." Smoketail grumbled heatedly as he pressed crushed herbs into a pouring wound, not seeming to notice Ivypaw. "...an absolute waste...cost us perfectly good cats..."
"Smoketail, I need to find Frostpaw," Ivypaw tried again, trying to keep her tail from lashing with impatience.
Smoketail looked up, eyes narrow and unusually dangerous. "Treating that mother of yours, last time I checked. Should be around here someplace."
Already backing away, Ivypaw froze for an anxious heartbeat. Mother.
Then she soundlessly shook her head once and padded away stiffly, praying to all the inhabitants of StarClan that Frostpaw had switched patients since Smoketail had last seen her.
But instead of wandering around in another indefinite search, Ivypaw stumbled straight into a hurrying Frostpaw, with -Thanks for coming through, StarClan- no Brightclaw in sight.
"Hey, uh...your brother and I are going to take your sister to..." Ivypaw swallowed hard and went quiet, hoping she'd said enough.
Frostpaw hurried through the crowd of cats, her jaws filled with several different herbs, her paws moving at lightning speed. She nearly ran head first into Ivypaw as the she-cat approached her, and stopped dead. "Ivypaw, unless you need something, Gorsefur—" She shut up the moment she heard what she wanted. "Oh..." She murmured in realization. "O-okay... I have to give Gorsefur and Riverpool these herbs, and...I'll be there." Hurrying away, ahead down, she quickly gave a Riverpool and Gorsefur the herbs for them to ration out, telling them she'd be back as soon as her could.
She quickly trotted back to Ivypaw, her blue eyes dark. "Let's go, then..."

Crowpaw had already fetched his rabbit still left in the grasses of the moor, and as he came back towards Hazelpaw, he saw the she-cat, one rabbit in her jaws, the other tossed over her shoulder. "Hazelpaw..." He called incredulously, as he approached her. He was grinning around the rabbit though, his eyes glittering with amusement. "I agree, you may have some issues getting back." Unable to hide his amusement, his soft laughs were muffled behind the rabbit in his mouth.
"You could try and get up the hill like that, or, you could, you know, ask for help?"

Back
Top Bottom