~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

Crowpaw chuckled to himself as he heard Hazelpaw's caterwaul echo loudly, pulling himself up the hill to meet her. "I guess I was wrong. You did make it," he meowed, eyes gleaming. "Come on, lets go wake up Star and Palepaw."
Without waiting, he quickly made his way back to the little cove where they slept. "Palepaw! Star! Wake up, we have food!"

Star groaned loudly as she shifted her head under her paws and squeezed her eyes shut. "Nooo, let us sleep, the kits are finally quiet." She begged tiredly but it was to late, she could feel the little body at her side shift and bounce up with energy. It wasn't her problem anymore, Hazelpaw and Crowpaw brought the kits upon themselves now.

"Yeah maybe they're both not the best options." Lostpaw sighed, his disappointment peaking through for a second before he shrugged. "Oh well, maybe we'll have to snatch a bird from another clan." He was mostly joking of course as he's sure that would cause too much trouble as well, but his serious monotone voice made it hard to tell.

~

Canopypaw nodded her agreement and she shifted on the pebbles, enjoying the minutes of peace until a certain apprentice joined them. She didn't even move to look at him as Ravenpaw engaged with him. She gave a chuckle as she immediately knew it was no other cat than Wingpaw. "Sounds like a good hunt, did you bring the squirrel with you?" She asked as she kept her eyes on the stretching Waterfallclan territory, which she was viewing upside down from laying on her back.
Brokenwing looked at him, pulling off another leg of the crab that Kyndra has forgotten about until know, rolling her eyes. "I don't think CloudClan would be too happy if we stole their birds."

~

"No, sorry, I didn't. I left it in your den." Wingpaw meowed, padding up to her. "You can have it when you get back."
"What about me?" Ravenpaw whined, pacing around him.
"The squirrel is big enough for the both of you," he meowed, laughing. "Trust me."

Star groaned loudly as she shifted her head under her paws and squeezed her eyes shut. "Nooo, let us sleep, the kits are finally quiet." She begged tiredly but it was to late, she could feel the little body at her side shift and bounce up with energy. It wasn't her problem anymore, Hazelpaw and Crowpaw brought the kits upon themselves now.
Crowpaw laughed, dropping the rabbit outside. "You sound like a queen, Star. Get up. Hazelpaw and I have been up since dawn hunting, you'll be fine." He meowed as two little heads poked out from the makeshift den. "Hi, kits!"

Frostpaw nodded with a sigh, grateful for Ivypaw's gentle words. "It isn't exactly noble, though..." She murmured, picking up her feet to follow the she-cat. "But I...just hope I did the right thing." As they approached Flamepaw, Doveheart in his jaws, she just gave him a grim half-smile when she saw him. "Where are we taking her?"
"Did she have a special place in the territory that she really liked? Maybe somewhere she could go to just get away?" Ivypaw asked, looking from Frostpaw to Flamepaw. Suddenly abashed at her suggestion, she looked to her paws, which she began scuffing into the dirt. "I don't know, that's just something I do..."

"Did she have a special place in the territory that she really liked? Maybe somewhere she could go to just get away?" Ivypaw asked, looking from Frostpaw to Flamepaw. Suddenly abashed at her suggestion, she looked to her paws, which she began scuffing into the dirt. "I don't know, that's just something I do..."
Flamepaw shrugged, glancing at Frostpaw. "You knew her better then I ever did. Did she like any certain place?"
"It's a good suggestion, actually. There's a clearing by the Two Pine's that she loved. Remember the clearing where she absolutely beat you while training, Flamepaw?" Frostpaw meowed softly, looking at her brother.
He nodded. "Is that...where we should..?"
"It was one of her favorite spots." She meowed. He then turned without a word, leading them from camp.
Frostpaw followed him, staying slightly behind with Ivypaw. She glanced behind her, watching Rainstar's blue-gray pelt pace restlessly atop the High Stone. Turning away, she let out a low sigh. She's furious now, StarClan. What do we do? Give me a sign, a signal of hope, anything!
"What're we going to do?" She whispered.

Brokenwing looked at him, pulling off another leg of the crab that Kyndra has forgotten about until know, rolling her eyes. "I don't think CloudClan would be too happy if we stole their birds."

~

"No, sorry, I didn't. I left it in your den." Wingpaw meowed, padding up to her. "You can have it when you get back."
"What about me?" Ravenpaw whined, pacing around him.
"The squirrel is big enough for the both of you," he meowed, laughing. "Trust me."

Lostpaw finished up his first crab leg as well and went to rip off another one. "Cloudclan isn't overly intimidating or something to worry about, but I doubt the clan would be thrilled if we risked a war over a single bird." He then shrugged "Guess bird hunting will have to wait, maybe one day the opportunity will arise."

~

"Well, I guess we do keep you around for a reason so I don't doubt that the squirrel is a great catch." Canopypaw joked to Wingpaw as she rolled to a sitting position, running a paw over her ear before shaking her pelt lightly to free any clinging sand. "So since Nightflower has seemed to let you go for the day, care to join us for a minute? The pebbles are nice and warmed today and I suppose we could use an extra cat to help carry back some marigold later."

Lostpaw finished up his first crab leg as well and went to rip off another one. "Cloudclan isn't overly intimidating or something to worry about, but I doubt the clan would be thrilled if we risked a war over a single bird." He then shrugged "Guess bird hunting will have to wait, maybe one day the opportunity will arise."

~

"Well, I guess we do keep you around for a reason so I don't doubt that the squirrel is a great catch." Canopypaw joked to Wingpaw as she rolled to a sitting position, running a paw over her ear before shaking her pelt lightly to free any clinging sand. "So since Nightflower has seemed to let you go for the day, care to join us for a minute? The pebbles are nice and warmed today and I suppose we could use an extra cat to help carry back some marigold later."
"Maybe," Brokenwing murmured, ripping the meat from the crab. She sat in silence, sun filtering through the cave entrance as they basked in it in a comfortable silence.

~

"Oh, so you keep me around only for the squirrels, huh?" Wingpaw purred jokingly. "Sure! I'm free for the rest of the day, since Nightflower switched Ravenpaw and Mousepaw to do the elders nests and ticks later," he snickered at Ravenpaw's expression, her large ears flattening. "I'm free for anything you need."

~

Nightflower stretched, glancing up into Sunstar's den. She couldn't see him from where she was, and she wondered if he was even there at all, or if he had escaped to the Star Touch Tree. She decided to check, pulling herself into the tree. "Sunstar?"

Crowpaw chuckled to himself as he heard Hazelpaw's caterwaul echo loudly, pulling himself up the hill to meet her. "I guess I was wrong. You did make it," he meowed, eyes gleaming. "Come on, lets go wake up Star and Palepaw."
Without waiting, he quickly made his way back to the little cove where they slept. "Palepaw! Star! Wake up, we have food!"

Palepaw felt a kit's paw jab into his ribs and finally woke up. He stretched his legs and yawned widely. "Morning, Star,"

Flamepaw shrugged, glancing at Frostpaw. "You knew her better then I ever did. Did she like any certain place?"
"It's a good suggestion, actually. There's a clearing by the Two Pine's that she loved. Remember the clearing where she absolutely beat you while training, Flamepaw?" Frostpaw meowed softly, looking at her brother.
He nodded. "Is that...where we should..?"
"It was one of her favorite spots." She meowed. He then turned without a word, leading them from camp.
Frostpaw followed him, staying slightly behind with Ivypaw. She glanced behind her, watching Rainstar's blue-gray pelt pace restlessly atop the High Stone. Turning away, she let out a low sigh. She's furious now, StarClan. What do we do? Give me a sign, a signal of hope, anything!
"What're we going to do?" She whispered.
As they walked, Ivypaw kept shifting so that the brunt of Doveheart's weight was on her shoulders, not Frostpaw's.
Her thoughts were dangerous. If she were to acknowledge Frostpaw's uncertain query, her response would be jarring.

Palepaw felt a kit's paw jab into his ribs and finally woke up. He stretched his legs and yawned widely. "Morning, Star,"
Hazelpaw abandoned her vigil alongside the cooling rabbit corpses and scrambled down the hill. She made her way into the thicket and gave both Star and Palepaw impatient nudges with her shoulder. Then she booped each kit's nose with her own. "Up, up, up!"

Back
Top Bottom