“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

Some More Hatching Eggs Have Been Added as A Prize!

3 Crested Cream Legbar, 3 saphires, 3 OE LegbarXcuckoo marans, 3 Crested Barred Rocks, 3 Dark Cornish Bantams

-DIY slushies to keep chickens cool in the heat-
*Makes enough for about 6 LF chickens*

You will need:
A large bowl
A blender
About a dozen 1oz ice cubes
A couple cups of fresh fruits and veggies

Step 1:
Place the ice cubes in the blender and blend them so no piece is bigger than a dime.

Step 2:
Add your fruit/veggies into the blender with the blended ice.

Step 3:
Blend together.

Step 4:
Pour into bowl and feed to your flock!

Don't feed this to often. Use it as a treat for hot days.

Just discovered this contest. Let's see if I can find that photo of my infamous candler that Sally loves laughing at. he he...someone actually saw it, and made one like it! Hope I can find that photo.

'Ling feeder that @The Duck Ladie posted:

I found that EASY to build nesting boxes, can be made with Home Depot or Lowe's buckets. We just tilted them slightly, so the eggs roll to the back. We have the bar in front because the hens pace in front of the boxes trying to encourage the hens, in the box they want to use, to hurry up. The buckets pop out, for us to clean. When one of my hens went broody, we popped the whole bucket out (with her in it) and moved her into a safer area. We tilt a board on the top to keep the hens from perching on top of the boxes. It was down when I took this photo.

The frame we used to tilt the front of the buckets also keeps them from rolling.

Just discovered this contest. Let's see if I can find that photo of my infamous candler that Sally loves laughing at. he he...someone actually saw it, and made one like it! Hope I can find that photo.
I made one based on your photos! I'll try to get a photo of it. I need to shorten the barrel to make it brighter for the darker eggs. But other than that, I love it!!

PLACES TO FIND
CHEAP HATCHING EGGS

you know these places, farms and road stops??? see images below.....
chances are they are fertile, so walk in and ask about the eggs or check groc store box and see if they say fertile on them! called trader joes in some cases!
for practice if you pay a few bucks for a doz eggs, charge a buck or less a chick, sell on craigslist or FB poultry groups, your getting your money back and experience too! win win

il_340x270.408231343_qy9o.jpg
Eggs-Sale-Sign-2368587.jpg
p686505936-4.jpg
images
images
LL

I bought 2 different cartons of Cage Free, Organic eggs from Trader Joes, both sets, 100% infertile. Cage free does not mean they are fertile. They need to be marked Fertile is what I was told.

Back
Top Bottom