✅Do More Save Less Challenge - Coming Soon

Pics
I had to fix the washing machine so I was forced into cleaning the mud room. No one would want to be forced to see the before pics.

After pics.
View attachment 2892160View attachment 2892162
Funny, we had to fix our dryer the other day so we were forced to clean our laundry room. Didn't think to take pictures but it's back to being messy, considering we are redoing our whole upstairs so it's in a construction zone

I stock essentials for a rainy day. Did mylar bags in buckets like everyone says to do - checking up every single bag but one has sprung pinholes and lost its vacuum (glad i found it now)
So my LR is full of wheat, rice snd rolled oats right now. Gotta redo it all. Im going with gasketed bucket lids (screw the damn mylar) and at the moment its overwhelming.
Ayyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiii
Hubby and I were looking into doing that kind of stuff. You don't recommend mylar bags?

Hubby and I were looking into doing that kind of stuff. You don't recommend mylar bags?
I guess everyones luck varies; but i wonder if ppl were to check a year in if it is intact.
Mine vacuumed initially. Wasnt the O2 absorbers not working or pinholes in bags when new.
I did heat seals 5 inches wide to close.
What i found is pinholes at places where the bag has to be folded down to fit in the bucket.
I suppose if you got a good seal and just gently set the bags upright wuthout folding at all in say, a plastic tote the holes might not appear. Of course a tote is not really that secure.
Im AGGRAVATED.
I set up one test bucket just now. Its food grade with the lids you have to use a mallet to close and has a rubber gasket.

The problem isnt so much keeping bugs out long term; thats pretty easy. Its combatting the insect eggs that are already in the grains (esp) that we buy.

Some ppl run the bags through a freezer. This can help kill any adults or larva/pupae but does not kill eggs. Another myth that sadly i think ppl will find out a few years down the road.

I use some food grade diatomaceous earth in my loose grains. It can desiccate bugs that might hatch out.

If it works i will update for u. 😇 PLZ let it work 😂 🤦🏻‍♀️🙏🏻

Last edited:
Now that thanksgiving is over and Christmas is under control (decorating and wrapping anyway) I can get back to the great bedroom reorganization project!!!!!! :th
I still have about 15 presents that I've got a wrap by tomorrow... For the mini's class.
I'm so done with wrapping already.

I’m still getting rid of stuff.
Sold of some things.
Almost had this sold but these guys wanted to write a personal check? (Rolls eyes) then I gave them a “gentlemanly handshake” to not sell it till they came back, called or texted within 24 hours as when they’d come with cash to get it….. the one who showed up was seemingly quite genuine about returning.

I cleaned it up, tweaked the wiring, flushed and filled it. (AD was all cards on the table)
CF53FACD-D759-471C-B36E-A911151E59B9.jpeg

(Crickets)

Now I’m doing more mundane stuff like going through *all* the soaps, conditioners, cleaners, hair & hygiene stuff, make up, lotions…. Gather, sort, recycle, etc….

I’ve emptied & gotten rid of one of the storage units. Hope to have another one gone soon as well.

Further cleaned and reorganized my side of the walk in closet- removed another tote full of my clothing to donate. And another tote as trash/rag detail.

Gotten almost all of her purses / bags / backpacks organized into one shelving unit in the walk-in….

Setup a checking account with the FB-land marketplace so I can start selling batches of the kiddos clothing and likely some of my Better-Half’s stuff as well… (shrugs)

All of the feral sunflowers are now pulled and stacked for reducing to ashes after the next front blows thru….

Back
Top Bottom