➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
U mean the feed is expired

Not necessarily. Moldiness can happen long before feed is expired. It has more to do with being exposed to water. The feed in your picture appears to be fatter and lighter color than I'm used to seeing, but that could be normal for that particular mix. The blue-green spots is generally how you spot mold.

Mold can kill and is to be avoided at all costs. Old (but properly kept) feed declines in nutritional value, so you shouldn't use it, but it is unlikely to be fatal.

Not necessarily. Moldiness can happen long before feed is expired. It has more to do with being exposed to water. The feed in your picture appears to be fatter and lighter color than I'm used to seeing, but that could be normal for that particular mix. The blue-green spots is generally how you spot mold.

Mold can kill and is to be avoided at all costs. Old (but properly kept) feed declines in nutritional value, so you shouldn't use it, but it is unlikely to be fatal.
Thank u very much and whats this nonsense i see ppl talking about in other posts that mold doesnt kill

Mold is definitely bad... There's a lot about freshness that folks don't understand. Mill dates are good, but not as revealing as many folks think. All of the ingredients that go into feed have a shelf life and it's dependent upon storage conditions and state of the ingredient. shelled corn for example can last for more than a year in a dry, dark, cool environment, where whole roasted soy is six months. Fish meal is 3 months unless you can store it in an O2 deprived space. Meals of any sort are drastically reduced. The mill date on the bag is when they mixed the feed, so if they use old or out of date ingredients, the quality will be drastically reduced. Feed made in late summer early fall is usually on it's last leg when milled. Just food for thought... Kiki, I'll try to post this weekend on nutritional analysis and all the variables that effect it.

Mold is definitely bad... There's a lot about freshness that folks don't understand. Mill dates are good, but not as revealing as many folks think. All of the ingredients that go into feed have a shelf life and it's dependent upon storage conditions and state of the ingredient. shelled corn for example can last for more than a year in a dry, dark, cool environment, where whole roasted soy is six months. Fish meal is 3 months unless you can store it in an O2 deprived space. Meals of any sort are drastically reduced. The mill date on the bag is when they mixed the feed, so if they use old or out of date ingredients, the quality will be drastically reduced. Feed made in late summer early fall is usually on it's last leg when milled. Just food for thought... Kiki, I'll try to post this weekend on nutritional analysis and all the variables that effect it.
Awesome. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom