➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
D0D4EF29-8E14-4404-8879-6B8E22AEC83F.jpeg

I've got right at 130 layer feeds added on the layer tab on the Googlesheet just now.
Just a couple of them:
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 3.51.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 3.52.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 3.52.43 PM.png

Feed analysis: a little of what I've learned along my journey...
Pretty much everyone uses the average nutritional analysis of the various components that go into feed and many publish min/max values. You can google just about any feed ingredient and get a pretty consistent nutritional analysis. Again, these are all based upon averages to give feed manufacturers, nutritionists, and consumers a baseline to work with. In reality the nutritional analysis of say corn can vary widely based upon weather, fertilizer, farm soil, farming practices, harvesting and drying techniques, storage method and location, as well as age.

When I first started this adventure, I calculated what I should get and then had my first couple of batches of custom feed analyzed. It was expensive, but not too bad. The analysis showed my numbers weren't way off from my expectations, but there was quite a bit of variance. I know folks who test every batch of feed they get and have the resources to tweek it to get optimum performance. For me it was just too much work and my girls did well on the mix I provided. Many will also test their feed for toxins commonly found with GMO grains, molds and yeasts. If anyone is interested in testing their feed I would recommend Brookside labs as they do good work.
Do you know approximately how much it is to have the feed tested?

I only have 2 brand names and 26 types of feed left to add!!1
WOOT!

Post one has a complete list of all the feeds that are on the Googlesheet.

I need/want more brand names!:barnie

Can you get a photo of your feed bag's guaranteed analysis for me please.
Their website does not list details.
have you added example rations (for commercial birds), pastured poultry rations and SPN rations (heritage birds)? I think you have them, but if you don't I'll be happy to send them to you...

Back
Top Bottom