āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

:bow

I need to do this very soon. I've got a few hens I need to move along to make room for a spring hatch. I'm waiting to get some hatching eggs from some of my held over meat birds, and then its off to freezer camp for them and a couple of others.

Then you will have room for quail!! :D

I donā€™t think I could ever eat mine. :oops:

I know a lot of people do and itā€™s probably the smartest thing to do, I probably should so Iā€™d have more room in my coops, but Iā€™m way too attached and all mine have names and everything. :lau :oops:

I'm trying to breed my own meat birds, this year, so I need to get ruthless with the subtraction.

Once the deed is some, I'm OK with eating them. I just hate the choosing of the subtractees part.
Set standards be it weight, shape or length. No one likes it. Then be ruthless following the guidelines.

The bigger the flock, the less individuals stand out. There will always be that one though that tries to becomes a pet. Be warned. Just don't be heartless.

Then you will have room for quail!! :D

I donā€™t think I could ever eat mine. :oops:

I know a lot of people do and itā€™s probably the smartest thing to do, I probably should so Iā€™d have more room in my coops, but Iā€™m way too attached and all mine have names and everything. :lau :oops:
I knew before I hatched my first batch that I was going to have to practice subtraction skills. I tried really hard to find someone to do it for me because I didn't think that I could do it.

I'm afraid I'm almost as bad as @Kiki now since I had a moment where I thought I'd butchered all of my SSC boys and forgotten to leave any. Luckily, one had hidden, so I still have one in the SSC pen.

I'm trying to breed my own meat birds, this year, so I need to get ruthless with the subtraction.

Once the deed is some, I'm OK with eating them. I just hate the choosing of the subtractees part.

I want to do meat birds but my parents think itā€™s gross and my mom especially is like ā€œ :eek: I could never eat something I raised/hatched, could you!? :eek: :th ā€œ

Which.... I mean..... honestly... no. I donā€™t think I could. But I want to try eventually!!

But it will have to be just that.. eventually.

And yeah I think once they were dead Iā€™d be okay but idk.

But all mine are pets right now which I know is kind of stupid considering most arenā€™t laying atm/are old but still.. they help turn the compost and garden and stuff and of course produce fertilizer so they do still help/have a purpose in a way haha

Or maybe thatā€™s just what I tell myself so I donā€™t have to off them. :lau :oops:

I knew before I hatched my first batch that I was going to have to practice subtraction skills. I tried really hard to find someone to do it for me because I didn't think that I could do it.

I'm afraid I'm almost as bad as @Kiki now since I had a moment where I thought I'd butchered all of my SSC boys and forgotten to leave any. Luckily, one had hidden, so I still have one in the SSC pen.

:eek: :th

OMG! Glad one stayed hidden! Haha

And yeah, Iā€™m sure eventually I could do meat birds and I actually kind of want to try quail and donā€™t think quail will be as difficult because so many look the same? And I want to try meat chickens eventually too or turkeys.

But I was actually meaning my current hens but I was not very clear on that in my post. :oops:

Should have specified, sorry. :oops:

I still think it will be difficult for me to kill anything at first and I donā€™t even know if I could do it at all... but Iā€™m sure once I did it maybe it would be easier.

But my current birds are all pets and I :hit at the idea of eating any of them. :oops:

Which I know is really stupid and I probably should off them especially since some of them eat a ton and arenā€™t producing atm but :confused: :oops:

Back
Top Bottom