➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

No buttons when I left for work this morning. Hopefully there will be some when I get home!
OMG!
Your message just made me check my camera.

I have dark babies I'm so excited.
These eggs in the basket are my Tibetan cage eggs.

O M G I'm heading home now to see them.
Screenshot_20200120-102246.png

But her subtraction is OFF WITH THEIR HEADS... You said you didn't want to do that. You'd have to just rehome them.

Have you put ads up for your chicks?

:lau still, it’s subtraction nonetheless! Even rehoming them is subtraction which I don’t have now haha and I don’t think I’d mind eating quail but chickens I would.

And not yet but I want to wait a little longer.

:lau we can learn together!!

:lau still, it’s subtraction nonetheless! Even rehoming them is subtraction which I don’t have now haha and I don’t think I’d mind eating quail but chickens I would.

And not yet but I want to wait a little longer.

:lau we can learn together!!

I want to do meat birds but my parents think it’s gross and my mom especially is like “ :eek: I could never eat something I raised/hatched, could you!? :eek: :th

Which.... I mean..... honestly... no. I don’t think I could. But I want to try eventually!!

But it will have to be just that.. eventually.

And yeah I think once they were dead I’d be okay but idk.

But all mine are pets right now which I know is kind of stupid considering most aren’t laying atm/are old but still.. they help turn the compost and garden and stuff and of course produce fertilizer so they do still help/have a purpose in a way haha

Or maybe that’s just what I tell myself so I don’t have to off them. :lau :oops:

Yeah I feel like every chick batch I get less and less attached to the chicks. :lau :oops:

:eek: :th

OMG! Glad one stayed hidden! Haha

And yeah, I’m sure eventually I could do meat birds and I actually kind of want to try quail and don’t think quail will be as difficult because so many look the same? And I want to try meat chickens eventually too or turkeys.

But I was actually meaning my current hens but I was not very clear on that in my post. :oops:

Should have specified, sorry. :oops:

I still think it will be difficult for me to kill anything at first and I don’t even know if I could do it at all... but I’m sure once I did it maybe it would be easier.

But my current birds are all pets and I :hit at the idea of eating any of them. :oops:

Which I know is really stupid and I probably should off them especially since some of them eat a ton and aren’t producing atm but :confused: :oops:
NO WAITING! The longer you wait, the more you become attached. You're going to run into problems if you can't rehome chicks.

Set standards be it weight, shape or length. No one likes it. Then be ruthless following the guidelines.

The bigger the flock, the less individuals stand out. There will always be that one though that tries to becomes a pet. Be warned. Just don't be heartless.

Yeah I feel like every chick batch I get less and less attached to the chicks. :lau :oops:

I want to do meat birds but my parents think it’s gross and my mom especially is like “ :eek: I could never eat something I raised/hatched, could you!? :eek: :th

Which.... I mean..... honestly... no. I don’t think I could. But I want to try eventually!!

But it will have to be just that.. eventually.

And yeah I think once they were dead I’d be okay but idk.

But all mine are pets right now which I know is kind of stupid considering most aren’t laying atm/are old but still.. they help turn the compost and garden and stuff and of course produce fertilizer so they do still help/have a purpose in a way haha

Or maybe that’s just what I tell myself so I don’t have to off them. :lau :oops:

:eek: :th

OMG! Glad one stayed hidden! Haha

And yeah, I’m sure eventually I could do meat birds and I actually kind of want to try quail and don’t think quail will be as difficult because so many look the same? And I want to try meat chickens eventually too or turkeys.

But I was actually meaning my current hens but I was not very clear on that in my post. :oops:

Should have specified, sorry. :oops:

I still think it will be difficult for me to kill anything at first and I don’t even know if I could do it at all... but I’m sure once I did it maybe it would be easier.

But my current birds are all pets and I :hit at the idea of eating any of them. :oops:

Which I know is really stupid and I probably should off them especially since some of them eat a ton and aren’t producing atm but :confused: :oops:
I didn't think I could kill one either, and that was less than six months ago. Don't think they all look alike! Each one is as different as chickens are from each other.

Mine are not pets. I don't name them. I don't get attached to them. I don't spend too much time handling them, but when I do handle them, I treat them as gently and as kindly as I can. I try to give them comfortable, happy lives, if short ones.

I didn't think I could kill one either, and that was less than six months ago. Don't think they all look alike! Each one is as different as chickens are from each other.

Mine are not pets. I don't name them. I don't get attached to them. I don't spend too much time handling them, but when I do handle them, I treat them as gently and as kindly as I can. I try to give them comfortable, happy lives, if short ones.
Yes to all of this!

I never thought I could raise chicks then sell them. I did it easily especially when the reward was greater... The happiness of the owners.

Now I'm raising more to butcher and I can't wait for it.

Back
Top Bottom