➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

They're old enough to know if there cockerels or not. I rehomed 19 pullets, you hlcan always make more. There's no chicken shortage in this world or fertile egg shortage

The reason I have roosters is because I like the fact that I can grab fertile eggs from my backyard whenever.

No they’re not because there are still some that I am not sure on and am waiting until they get older to be able to tell for sure.

And yes I know that but I don’t want to rehome the pullets. And these are from my first hatch ever so I would like to keep at least one. I really would like to keep all the girls so I am keeping them all until they are old enough to be 100% sure. That was always the original plan anyways.

And yeah that’s part of why I want a rooster so I want to try to choose one from this hatch. That’s another reason I haven’t rehomed them yet.

Now you're getting quail?

No. At least not yet. But I’m just saying if I got them I’d like to sell the eggs.

That would be awesome! You guys have such beautiful birds. I'm always jealous! We have unlimited supplies to build cages and such so that's never a worry of mine.
I wish I was handy enough to build my own cages. I can build a computer from parts, but hand me a drill or hammer and I just kind of look at them in confusion. :p

This one is trying hard to get out.
:barnie
IMG_20200120_105043.jpg

No they’re not because there are still some that I am not sure on and am waiting until they get older to be able to tell for sure.

And yes I know that but I don’t want to rehome the pullets. And these are from my first hatch ever so I would like to keep at least one. I really would like to keep all the girls so I am keeping them all until they are old enough to be 100% sure. That was always the original plan anyways.

And yeah that’s part of why I want a rooster so I want to try to choose one from this hatch. That’s another reason I haven’t rehomed them yet.

No. At least not yet. But I’m just saying if I got them I’d like to sell the eggs.
They usually start getting their cockerel feathers around 12 weeks. I forget how old yours are but I can tell on my ones that I hatched in November. The white Brahma is definitely a cockerel

They usually start getting their cockerel feathers around 12 weeks. I forget how old yours are but I can tell on my ones that I hatched in November. The white Brahma is definitely a cockerel

They’re only like 7 1/2 weeks old. They’ll be 8 weeks Friday.

I can tell on most of them and I definitely have mostly boys but there’s just some that I’m really not sure on and am holding out hope for. :lau

I need to go look closer and check though. I haven’t done that lately.

I should probably rehome the definite boys but I want to keep one so I want to evaluate them more haha

Back
Top Bottom